Windows 10: Computer performance gradually falling throughout the day

Discus and support Computer performance gradually falling throughout the day in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo yoga 730-13IKB and when i launch OBS and Teams in the morning everything is running smooth, but 8 hours later, and the story is quiet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lynet_101, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Computer performance gradually falling throughout the day

I have a Lenovo yoga 730-13IKB and when i launch OBS and Teams in the morning everything is running smooth, but 8 hours later, and the story is quiet different. Any suggestions to how i can prevent this, and keep my computer as butter smoothy as it is in the morning

PS: i use my laptop 16 hours a day (It's my only pc) so it need to survive for twice as long

Edit: a full system shutdown for 10 minutes restores original performance

submitted by /u/lynet_101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lynet_101, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 22, 2021
  3. My PC is performing slow after fall creator's update, Help?

Hi,

Based on the information that you've provided, this issue started after installing
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. We'd like to know if you're also getting any error messages aside from your computer performing slow.

In the meantime, you may try the tips and troubleshooting steps in improving your PC's performance listed on this

link
    . Note that, the tips are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Computer performance gradually falling throughout the day

Windows 10 gradually getting slower

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur either due to software conflicts or if unused files are present in Windows.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click "View all" and then click "System Maintenance".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions
    Method 2: Perform a Clean boot. Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned
    below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

And regarding the new drive which is auto created, I suggest you to restart the system several times and check if it’s showing.

• Press Windows + R. Type diskmgmt.msc and
      Disk Management windows pops out.

• Check if you are able to see the new drive which is created.

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Computer performance gradually falling throughout the day

1. Computer performance gradually falling throughout the day - Similar Threads - Computer performance gradually

2. Numerous popups throughout the day

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Numerous popups throughout the day: I tried AV full system scans with Kaspersky, Malware bytes, hitman, win defender. No malware detected. Checked for exclusions, none. This started a few months ago.The popups are all related to the dotnet framework, so I tried repairing and then finally uninstalled and...
  3. Various random BSODs throughout the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various random BSODs throughout the day: September of last year I updated majority of the parts in my system (motherboard, cpu, ram), and since then I've had random BSODs all pointing to different things at random intervals. Recently it hasn't been happening super frequently, but still occurs once in a while. I've...
  4. Random black screens throughout the day

Random black screens throughout the day: Why the pc is in idle using discord/watching youtube random black screens occur. I get no warning to it,it's instant.The screen goes black and then the PC restarts. This started happening after I reinstalled windows I changed my motherboard and CPU and I wanted to...
  5. Computer performance gradually getting worse over the years?

Computer performance gradually getting worse over the years?: Hello, so I have this low-mid end pc and I've had this thing since I was a young buck, possibly around 7-8 years old. It's been around for as long as I can remember and it's been gradually getting worse.. I've once been capable of running games like CSGO on around medium...
  6. Computer slowly died throughout the day. Ending in a black screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer slowly died throughout the day. Ending in a black screen.: Hi windows10 pals. I was using my windows 10 Pc tower today and I started getting instances where it would completely freeze up, ctrl alt delete wouldn’t even work, I had to reboot my pc every time this happened. My hardware is listed here...
  7. Multiple BSOD throughout the day -- The Return

Multiple BSOD throughout the day -- The Return: Hello everyone! I posted here a few months ago with a BSOD issue a few months back, and thanks to a generous helper, the issue was resolved...until yesterday. The stopcodes are usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, just like last time, but that does not provide anyone with a good...
  8. Random BSODs Throughout The Day

Random BSODs Throughout The Day: Attachment 69824 Hi All, As the title says, I am getting random BSODs throughout the day on my machine. Funny part is that I haven't actually seen what the BSOD errors are; I'll just step away from my computer and it's restarted because of BSOD. You'll see from my logs...
  9. win 10 updates every day throughout the day!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 updates every day throughout the day!!!!!!!!!: ​Took a look recently at my Microsoft update history record. I was amazed to note that there are literally scores (per day) of repeated update installations for my Brother HL2130 laser printer. This has gone on for many days unnoticed. Have others experienced this quirk -...
  10. Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day

Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day: My computer has been constantly crashing a few times a day for a few months now and I have not found out what the issue is. Im thinking that it has to do with a hardware malfunction because it seems like my drivers are working fine and are up to date. Attachment...