Windows 10: Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

Discus and support Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulShaw2018, Sep 6, 2018.

1. PaulShaw2018 Win User

Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

Hello ,

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the Start menu it takes at least 30 seconds to respond.When I click on file explorer it takes more than a minute to open . I have updated my Graphic card drivers and checked the system requirements and everything seems to be fine . I ran CC cleaner on my computer and it did not find any problem. I even did a virus scan using Norton.

My model number : Dell Inspiron 15 300

Intel Pentium Quad Core Processor

4 GB DDR3 Ram

64 Bit windows 10 home

500 GB HDD

Please suggest what should I do?

:)

PaulShaw2018, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Mohammed AliAli Win User
    WINDOWS 10 slow performance after upgrade

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• After upgrading to windows 10 did you try update drivers?
    Issue: Slow performance

Method: 1

Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method: 2

Perform Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a “clean boot” in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Issue:
    VIDEO FREEZES

Update drivers

I would like you to update the drivers of the computer.

Follow the steps below to update the graphics card drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard
    • Go to device manager
    • Right-click your display/graphic/video and audio/sound/realtek
      drivers.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Please reply us with the above information & status to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Lov Dollente Win User

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Computer performance too

2. Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: Hello! I purchased my FX6840-03e many years ago, and it had Win 7 Home Premium on it. (The only hardware I've changed is the graphics card. I went from a ATI Radeon HD 5770 to an XFX 7850 Core Edition.) Earlier this year, I decided to upgrade to Win 10, because a game I...
  3. slow computer performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow computer performance: Hi,on occasion my computer slows way down at times and on occasion when this happens a small yellow window pops up and says " a program is slowing your computer what would you like to do -stop or ignore if I can make it to the stop option and click it before it disappears...
  4. system is running too slow after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system is running too slow after windows 10 updates: my system is running is too slow after window 10 updates, specially booting time taking 5 to 6 minutes. how can I resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-is-running-too-slow-after-windows-10/d47c130c-2dee-4f8a-9296-f39cd868aeb8
  5. Windows is too slow

Windows is too slow: Windows has been too slow after the update, update all the drivers and check the entire Windows Defender computer, any ideas that may be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-too-slow/55dd2c39-e3e9-4a02-8f37-5c0435498174
  6. Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update

Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update: I recently updated my OS to 1803 but after the update, the pc has become really slow. I think it is because of the graphics driver but I can't update them. I use an AMD GPU and I don't know why but some of my games ( Fortnite etc.) can't run properly and some won't run at all...
  7. Computer will not upgrade to Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not upgrade to Windows 10 version 1803: My Gateway computer was originally bought with Windows 7. It was upgraded to Windows 10, and accepted upgrades until version1709. It will NOT accept the newest updated to Version 1803, and shuts down in the middle of every attempt saying it will return to previous version....
  8. internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10: HI, I have recently upgraded my os to WIN 10. My internet connection drops from 50 mbps to 2 mbps. I have tried all possible solution in the internet. 1. Updated the drivers 2. updated windows. 3. changed the auto tunning level. Can someone me and fix this issue?...
  9. Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade: I just upgraded my SSD based laptop to 1803. It boots to the login screen as quickly as before but now takes 20 secs for a user to login whereas it only used to take under 5 secs. I can't find anything obvious in Autoruns causing this. Any ideas / solutions or what I should...
  10. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.: I recently bought a new laptop, Acer E5-575G with good specs. It has an Intel i5 7200U, 4GB of RAM, 2GB Nvidia 940MX and 1TB hard drive. It came with DOS pre-installed so I had to install Windows 10 myself. All was fine until updating to the Fall Creators Update. Booting time...