Windows 10: Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

Discus and support Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulShaw2018, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

Hello ,

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the Start menu it takes at least 30 seconds to respond.When I click on file explorer it takes more than a minute to open . I have updated my Graphic card drivers and checked the system requirements and everything seems to be fine . I ran CC cleaner on my computer and it did not find any problem. I even did a virus scan using Norton.

My model number : Dell Inspiron 15 300

Intel Pentium Quad Core Processor

4 GB DDR3 Ram

64 Bit windows 10 home

500 GB HDD

Please suggest what should I do?

:)

PaulShaw2018, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 7, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 slow performance after upgrade

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• After upgrading to windows 10 did you try update drivers?
    Issue: Slow performance

Method: 1

Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method: 2

Perform Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a “clean boot” in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Issue:
    VIDEO FREEZES

Update drivers

I would like you to update the drivers of the computer.

Follow the steps below to update the graphics card drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard
    • Go to device manager
    • Right-click your display/graphic/video and audio/sound/realtek
      drivers.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Please reply us with the above information & status to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

1. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Computer performance too

2. Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro on older acer aspire one AOD257 computer but its running slow when I bring up programs. Should I do a repair or reinstall windows10?. Or is there something else I can do first?. I have updated everything I could think...
  3. Slow Computer Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Computer Performance: My computer has become a lot slower over the years. When first opening task manager it shows the CPU is at 50% usage even when there are no programs running. After a few seconds of opening task manager the CPU usage will go down to less than 10%. If I close and then open task...
  4. slow computer performance

slow computer performance: encountered the following related to my attempt to achieve better computing performance. Computer is slow. Request Id: 03a77f38-8cb7-4bd8-8dcf-164441a13001 Correlation Id: 86231520-e8ed-4dde-977e-6e5fa7015beb Timestamp: 2020-08-27T09:26:10Z Message: AADSTS50196: The...
  5. Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade: Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because my non-system secondary HDD gets up to 100% and very high avg. response time which bogs the whole system down, even though the windows is instaled on an ssd. After a restart...
  6. computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10: After upgrade computer works strange. User applications generally start relatively fast. System apps start extremely slow. If I type something in search line it give me black window and responses after couple of minutes. During this time "Host Process for Windows Tasks" start...
  7. Computer is too slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer is too slow: My computer started to work too slow and I found out that Superfetch is a culprit . I stopped this program but the computer is still working slowly. What is the fix? I updated drivers but with no effect....
  8. computer is too slow after reboot

computer is too slow after reboot: My computer crashed and after reboot it started working very slowly. I have been able to play such games as NFS before the crash but currently I cannot play at all. My system is HP Pavilion 15-cs0093ca. Thank you....
  9. slow computer performance

slow computer performance: Hi,on occasion my computer slows way down at times and on occasion when this happens a small yellow window pops up and says " a program is slowing your computer what would you like to do -stop or ignore if I can make it to the stop option and click it before it disappears...
  10. Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade: I just upgraded my SSD based laptop to 1803. It boots to the login screen as quickly as before but now takes 20 secs for a user to login whereas it only used to take under 5 secs. I can't find anything obvious in Autoruns causing this. Any ideas / solutions or what I should...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latest windows 10 update slowing down computer