Windows 10: Computer performing way below expectations all of a sudden

Discus and support Computer performing way below expectations all of a sudden in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My computer is performing way below expectations as of recently. I have done almost everything from a system restore, chkdsk, /scannow,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jcos702, Jan 3, 2020.

1. jcos702 Win User

Computer performing way below expectations all of a sudden

Hello, My computer is performing way below expectations as of recently.

I have done almost everything from a system restore, chkdsk, /scannow, scanned for malware with my premium malware bytes, and still no solution to be found.

Running tests saying that my CPU has high back ground usage but task manager has nothing running in the background.

Computer is laggy, choppy, and the processing times for each program has tremendously decreased.

Any help is appreciated

Computer Specs:

Windows 10 "Pro"

i7-4790k

ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S

Nvidia Geforce GTX 980

HyperX 16GB RAM

Computer performing way below expectations all of a sudden 20de1baf-4ce3-4ead-8a3a-a9781d65d936?upload=true.jpg

:)

jcos702, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 3, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Sudden performance drop, unable to download updates, reset and fresh install.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why you are experiencing a sudden drop in your system's performance. To better assist you and isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried aside form the ones you mentioned above?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool. This is a utility in Windows that will allow us to scan and repair for corruptions in your system files. Also, if you are trying to download or install available updates but couldn't, you may refer to this article and follow the steps on how to reset
    your Windows Update components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 3, 2020
  4. pranav19 Win User

GPS performance degraded ol of a sudden.

It's not even a month when i got lumia 920, its gps isn't able to catch direction as it used to when it's new, its performance degraded ol of a sudden since 2 days, wat can be the reason, please suggest as GPS is very important for me.

pranav19, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer performing way below expectations all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Computer performing below

2. computer suddenly freezes in different ways

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer suddenly freezes in different ways: Split from this thread. Hello, I'm having the same problem, I stay with the computer on for a while and it suddenly freezes in different ways blue screen, a very loud noise... or sometimes it just goes on for days without crashing. I took it to a store and they told me that...
  3. computer suddenly freezes in different ways

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer suddenly freezes in different ways: Split from this thread. Hello, I'm having the same problem, I stay with the computer on for a while and it suddenly freezes in different ways blue screen, a very loud noise... or sometimes it just goes on for days without crashing. I took it to a store and they told me that...
  4. Computer slowing down all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slowing down all of a sudden: Hello, i wanted to know why my computer had become EXTREMELY slow after a blue screen. Could this be caused from gaming bcuz i use a gaming laptop and whenever i run games on it cpu runs at 95c. After the blue screen my computer has been so slow that it wont even open discord...
  5. Computer Performance Suddenly Dropped

Computer Performance Suddenly Dropped: Hi everyone,Several days ago I started having performance issues when ever I attempt to play games on my computer. The type of game doesn't really matter, it could be a triple A game or the equivalent of a mobile game, and I will have serious issues trying to play it. I'm...
  6. Worse than expected gaming performance

Worse than expected gaming performance: Hey. Less than a month ago I was updating my graphics drivers. That time was a little weird though, my screens kept flashing more times than usual, they usually only flicker 2-3 times and then stop, but they flickered like 8 times then I got a windows popup saying some...
  7. My computer's performance suddenly tanked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer's performance suddenly tanked.: It randomly restarted after going to a black screen with a blinking underscorr, worked fine for 20 ish minutes and then rapidly became slower and slower. So slow that it couldn't even run a game like Among Us, or even process a discord call. I couldn't even close any programs...
  8. Computer performance suddenly dipped

Computer performance suddenly dipped: Hi, Seemingly overnight, my computer which has been operating very smoothly has suddenly become very choppy and the performance is really bad. I've tried many things, namely a Fresh Start, then uninstalled apps that were contributing a large amount of page errors, Windows...
  9. Computer performance suddenly dipped

Computer performance suddenly dipped: #1 I'm new to forums, in general, but I'm at my wits end - any help would be appreciated. My self-built computer has ran flawless for quite some time until a few days ago. One day it was fine and next day when I booted up the computer started running very slow. It takes a...
  10. Sudden Decrease in Performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Decrease in Performance?: Ok, first off, I upgraded to the insider preview a long time ago from Win7 Ulti. I can't recall exactly when, but it was sometime between November and January. When I was still on 7, I was having some intermittent issues, and was thinking about wiping, but then I just...