Windows 10: Computer periodically and randomly crashing

Discus and support Computer periodically and randomly crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cathexiii, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Cathexiii Win User

Computer periodically and randomly crashing

Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. Sometimes the PC will recover, sometimes it will not and performance will degrade until it eventually shuts down altogether. And like I said, this does not happen every time, but often enough and if it does not happen at startup, it will never happen during a session. I fear/feared a virus, but scans with BitDefender haven't turned up any

:)

Cathexiii, Oct 23, 2021

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Naby Win User
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

4. SirLevir Win User

Computer Crashing Randomly

As of today, my computer has been crashing randomly. Whenever it crashes, it restarts and acts normal until it crashes again. Can someone please help me. Thank you so much!

SirLevir, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer periodically and randomly crashing - Similar Threads - Computer periodically randomly

2. Computer crashes randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes randomly.: Hi,I keep having my system crash. Sometimes I get a blue screen and sometimes my mouse cursor just freezes. When that happens I am forced to turn the system off by holding down the power button. I have run a memory tester to make sure I don't have a faulty ram stick and I...
  3. Random Computer Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Computer Crashes: Help ive done everything i can think of to stop my computer from crashing and it just continues. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not my screen will freeze and the whole system becomes unresponsive and sometimes the monitors will turn off and the sound will bug out...
  4. Random Computer Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Computer Crashes: Help ive done everything i can think of to stop my computer from crashing and it just continues. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not my screen will freeze and the whole system becomes unresponsive and sometimes the monitors will turn off and the sound will bug out...
  5. Random Computer Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer periodically and randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer periodically and randomly crashing: Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. Sometimes the PC...
  7. Computer periodically and randomly crashing

Computer periodically and randomly crashing: Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. Sometimes the PC...
  8. computer crashing randomly

computer crashing randomly: my computer has been consistenly crashing a couple times a week, at night. The only event log before the crash is a 10016:The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  9. Random computer crashes

Random computer crashes: My windows 10 pc will crash spontaneously, the computer switching off, while running programs, most frequently triggered by high performance games. Hardware has been recently checked by a professional and no issues were found, and it is not caused by overheating. I can turn...
  10. Computer randomly crashing

Computer randomly crashing: So The pc is randomly crashing after doing the fall update . Reinstalled windows ver 1703 and still get random crashes. I used Bluescreenview but it doesn't tell me what hardware if any is crashing me. Any help would be great. 97194