Windows 10: Computer played music in middle of night

Discus and support Computer played music in middle of night in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am a teacher and used my laptop in the day around 2:00pm to play a youtube video with a song. I did not close the window when it was done just paused... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KirstenHansen4, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Computer played music in middle of night

I am a teacher and used my laptop in the day around 2:00pm to play a youtube video with a song. I did not close the window when it was done just paused it, closed my laptop and brought it home. Around 1 am, my laptop started playing the song from the beginning. Why would this happen? It had been closed the entire time.

:)

KirstenHansen4, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Can't play music CDs or copy to computer after an upgrade.

Hi David,

Corrupted drivers or outdated application may be the possible reason why you're unable to play music after the update. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried playing music/watching videos? If yes, could you provide us the exact error message?
    • Are you using a specific application when playing a music/watching videos?
    • Does this happen when only using the specific application or with other application also?
    • Could you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your CD or DVD. You can use the method 1 to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Playing music in windows phone

Hello Novita,

For us to be able to isolate your concern on why music won't play on your music app, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Music app are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Computer played music in middle of night

Playing Music CD's

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Are you able to play music files which are stored in the computer?
    • Did you try copying the music files from CD to computer to check if you are able to play the files in that way?

I request you to use the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps:

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.

• Type Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

• Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Computer played music in middle of night

1. Computer played music in middle of night - Similar Threads - Computer played music

2. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  3. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  4. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  5. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  6. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night

Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night: Hello. For about 4 months now my Windows computer has turned on in the middle of the night. When I enter powercfg -lastwake, it told me the Power Button turned it on, even though I wasn’t touching it. My computer turns on in the middle of the day, too, and it’s an obnoxious...
  8. Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT: hi, yesterday i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn over on to my other side, but then i noticed my laptop had just started turning itself on. I'm very sure I put it into shutdown that evening. and my monitor was turned off too. It didn't connect to the...
  9. Waking in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking in the middle of the night: So I built my PC about a year ago and as of recent the thing has been waking in the middle of the night from sleep and just blasting my room full of light. I don't know what is causing it but when i run powercfg -last wake it talks about a systemEventsBroker and...
  10. Sleep Mode playing videos in the middle of the night.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep Mode playing videos in the middle of the night.: So for Christmas I got a new laptop, love the thing. It runs on windows 10 and I always keep it on sleep mode instead of turning it off (a waste of power I know). I also always leave chrome open, either in the taskbar or fully open. Frequently, in the middle of the night the...