Windows 10: Computer plugged in, not charging.

Discus and support Computer plugged in, not charging. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My battery of my Laptop stopped charging correctly says "plugged in, not charging" ONLY in Lenovo Vantage, otherwise it just says "plugged in" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lain.Iwakura, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Computer plugged in, not charging.

My battery of my Laptop stopped charging correctly says "plugged in, not charging" ONLY in Lenovo Vantage, otherwise it just says "plugged in" and nothing else when I hover over the normal icon. No "plugged in, [%] until fully charged" which is what it said when I did temlorarily fix it? or "plugged in, charging". Not sure if that's useful or relevent info but yk, I decided to add it, just in case?

Info:

- my computer is always on my bed or on my lap

- my Laptop is Lenovo & Windows 10

- I got it around 3 or 4 years ago, but did not use it for about 2+ years straight.

I was playing the Sims 4 when this happened.

I did these things:

- uninstalled my battery driver + restarted computer.

- updated everything Win10 wanted me to

- turned on "Laptop Mode" in The Sims 4 lol.

- turned it off, waited an hour or a half but it was still a bit warm so I might try again tomorrow?, turned it on

- Turned on extreme cooling . . . I fixed it yesterday for a while, by turning Lenovo Sense's "extreme cooling" on, but since I went away for a little and the computer went to "sleep", it stopped the extreme cooling and so the fix stopped working, I guess. I'm scared try it again and possibly waste battery Even though its at ~98... since it doesnt immediately work - what if it doesnt work and I waste time by trying this and/or what if what I thought was the "fix" is just a coincidence and something else is up.

Thank you.

:)

Lain.Iwakura, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Computer plugged in, not charging. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Computer plugged in, not charging.

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Computer plugged in, not charging.

1. Computer plugged in, not charging. - Similar Threads - Computer plugged charging

2. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugged in, not charging: My laptop is asus rog strix gl-503 bought before 3 months ago FOR THAT I ALREADY DONE THIS RESOLUTION : i already uninstalled drivers and updated drivers and windows latest and already rebooted several times and i have non removable battery PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. (plugged in, not charging)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (plugged in, not charging): my laptop is plugged in with my charger, but it shows a message 14% available (plugged in, not charging) help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plugged-in-not-charging/6013b676-bed7-4c0a-a7b2-cb23b4906e83
  4. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged in, not charging: Hello.. I have an issue with the battery. Every time when it reaches 43% it would say, "Plugged in, not charging." I have tried the steps are given by Microsoft help but it did not work. Anyone has the same issues, may you give me an answer to fix this? Thank you very...
  5. Plugged In but not charging

Plugged In but not charging: I recently formatted my windows laptop and reinstalled it through a bootable installer (Windows 1809). The battery indicator says "plugged in but not charging". I have reinstalled all the drivers and installed HP recommended ones as well. My laptop is HP pavallion 15 au626tx....
  6. computer plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer plugged in not charging: computer is plugged but showing it is not charging. when it does charge, it sometimes will not charge very fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-plugged-in-not-charging/0e7443fe-188b-47bf-8501-e9f8d7695c8a
  7. plugged in, not charging

plugged in, not charging: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 7000 series laptop (flips into a tablet). This has been happening for a while, but when I plug in my 45 W ac adapter charger (came with laptop) it says " plugged in, not charging." Sometimes I can get it to where it'll charge, but lately I can...
  8. plugged in not charging

plugged in not charging: All of a sudden I get plugged in not charging when i scroll over the battery life. The current power is 0% so if I unplug the computer shuts off. I tried all updates but nothing. I asked at a computer store if it's the battery and they said if it is they would order the...
  9. plugged in , not charging

plugged in , not charging: when i am charging my laptop it gets charge up to 60-75% then it suddenly start to stop and shows ( plugged in,not charging). if i unplug and plug it again then for about 5 sec it shows charging then again it stops. so never getting 100% charged my laptop. and if i stayed...
  10. Plugged in, not charging

Plugged in, not charging: I've had this HP Envy for years and today my battery won't charge. I'm plugged in, so it's not dying, but my battery is at 1% and the battery status mouseover says "1% available (plugged in, not charging)". I've tried all the search results for this problem, including going...