Windows 10: Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts.

Discus and support Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! Ive been having this problem for about 2 weeks now and its finally starting to annoy me. On first boot my computer just shuts down when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chowchilla, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts.

Greetings!

Ive been having this problem for about 2 weeks now and its finally starting to annoy me. On first boot my computer just shuts down when it gets to to the windows 10 loading screen, right before the loading circle pops up. it doesn't power itself up again but when i do hit the power button it boots up fine with no problems.

It also works fine when i reboot. its just that first cold boot. ive reverted the BIOS back to defaults and removed any AHCI drivers (was using Intel rapid storage drivers)

here is a blurry video of that happens.

[youtube]PFPB-A-YZ2I[/youtube]

only thing i can think of thats changed recently is aside from general updates but but installing a new CPU HSF and removing some annoying virtual drive software.

any advice would be helpful.

UPDATE

solved this is issue by disabling fast startup in windows 10.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Chowchilla, Mar 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 won't boot from cold start

since I installed Windows 10 last spring, my computer won't boot from a cold (power off) start. it always starts from Sleep or Restart.

when I shut it down and then press the power button all I get is a indefinite windows symbol in the center of the screen. then I need to press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or until the computer shuts off, and then press the power button again.
    now it will start normally.

this isn't right!

WStrohmaier, Mar 11, 2016
  3. how to fix temporary profile in windows 10????? when i shut down and next day my downloaded apps are gone?

If you have a laptop or slate running on battery power, you have to research the way you induce a "cold boot".

On my wife's computer you hold down the power button and the volume button both down at the same time for more than 30 seconds. your mileage may vary.

You can do cold boots on 110 volt powered computers with selective button application.... you would have to look up for your computer..... My HP is hold the power button down for 30-60 seconds, wait for 30+ seconds, and then repower up with th4e power button.

AllynBoldt, Mar 11, 2016
  4. silverz Win User

Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts.

possibly overheating or bad power supply? I had a problem with a bad power supply a while back, was fine before booting to windows but as soon as it began to draw more power when windows started it would shut down.

silverz, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts.

1. Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts. - Similar Threads - Computer powers off

2. PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot: For the past few weeks when powering up my elderly PC it almost always stops during BIOS after displaying the CPU details (1st image). Pressing the Reboot button on the front panel it boots fine every time (2nd image). As the next line it would display is the memory check ok...
  3. Computer hangs on cold boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer hangs on cold boot.: Fresh install of Windows 10. The system hangs on boot and just displays the Windows logo every single time! Nothing wrong in device manager and no errors of any kind displaying System specs are: AMD FX 6200 Asus M5A97 R 2.0 motherboard Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB (boot drive)...
  4. BSODs every time i cold boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs every time i cold boot: i built a computer with aftermarket parts for intense workloads... but everytime i do a cold boot or turn it off completely, it displays a BSOD from various types 12b,1a, Live kernel 1a1,3b and so on... every time is a different error... the catch here is, once the BSOD...
  5. BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up

BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up: If I am in Windows 10 and choose "Restart" or the OS reboots from a software install/update, I get a BSOD after post. The screen reads: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors....
  6. BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times

BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times: Starting a few months ago, I always get a BSOD on a cold boot, usually a minute or two after Windows boots up. The system would function fine for a certain amount of time before I would get either another BSOD or white, black, pink or other colored screen crashes. The...
  7. BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD on Restart, Boots fine from cold power up: If I am in Windows 10 and choose "Restart" or the OS reboots from a software install/update, I get a BSOD after post. The screen reads: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors....
  8. PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off: Lenovo IdeaCenter K450, 4-5 years old. Specs in My Computers. This problem started recently, after one of the updates though I'm not sure which one. I currently have: [img] after uninstalling KB4345421 and KB4338832 as I was trying to see if one of those had caused my...
  9. PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off: Lenovo IdeaCenter K450, 4-5 years old. Specs in My Computers. This problem started recently, after one of the updates though I'm not sure which one. I currently have: [img] after uninstalling KB4345421 and KB4338832 as I was trying to see if one of those had caused my...
  10. BSOD from cold boot if computer has been off a while

BSOD from cold boot if computer has been off a while: BSOD happens only when the computer cold boots from a prolonged inactive state. If the PC is off for several hours and is turned on it occurs. Computer typically blue screens, sometimes it freezes at the bios splash screen where they Windows 10 circular loading icon appears...