Windows 10: Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it

Discus and support Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, So I am running my laptop on TB3 100w, which should be more than plentiful as the OEM charger is a mere 45w. I'm having this weird problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfy1339, Dec 4, 2019.

1. wolfy1339 Win User

Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it

Hey all,
    So I am running my laptop on TB3 100w, which should be more than plentiful as the OEM charger is a mere 45w.

I'm having this weird problem that only seems to arise when I load that particular game title (The Sims 4). It maxes out the CPU and the Intel iGPU. It isn't always reproachable as sometimes it loads completely and I'm able to play the game. It doesn't always happen at the same point in the loading sequence either.

If I open up Event Viewer I can see some Kernel-Power events which would correspond to the power offs.

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.

This doesn't happen with any light usage.

Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.476

:)

wolfy1339, Dec 4, 2019

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Dec 4, 2019
  3. solitaire not loading

Hi Edwin,

Microsoft Solitaire Collection may not load on your computer due to a network connection failure or if the game is corrupted. To properly isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to play the Microsoft Solitaire Collection via an app or a web browser?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to play the game?
    • Did the issue start after an update?
    • What steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

If you are using the app version of the game, you may perform the suggested solutions on this

link
    to resolve the issue.

Loraine Mon, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it

iwin games won't load

Hi Sebrad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

What is the exact issue you are facing with the game?

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it

1. Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it - Similar Threads - Computer powers off

2. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  3. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  4. Computer powers off when loading Game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer powers off when loading Game.: I just upgraded my GPU to a Radeon RX 6950 XT from a RX 5700 XTI ran the AMD Clean up Utility and installed the latest Drivers. I also up date the BIOS on my Motherboard to the latest version.Using my Computer for Non-Gaming is totally fine. VMware Workstation, YouTube, Edge,...
  5. Computer powers off when loading Game.

Computer powers off when loading Game.: I just upgraded my GPU to a Radeon RX 6950 XT from a RX 5700 XTI ran the AMD Clean up Utility and installed the latest Drivers. I also up date the BIOS on my Motherboard to the latest version.Using my Computer for Non-Gaming is totally fine. VMware Workstation, YouTube, Edge,...
  6. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  7. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  8. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer powers off when game is loading after starting it: Hey all, So I am running my laptop on TB3 100w, which should be more than plentiful as the OEM charger is a mere 45w. I'm having this weird problem that only seems to arise when I load that particular game title (The Sims 4). It maxes out the CPU and the Intel iGPU. It isn't...
  10. Powering computer off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering computer off: I never want my computer to shut off. I have the power option set to "never" but after a couple of days the computer wouldn't respond. the power light is on but nothing happens when I push any key. The only way to power it up again is to turn the power button off and then...