Windows 10: Computer programs freeze up out of nowhere, can still move my mouse but cant shut off or...

Discus and support Computer programs freeze up out of nowhere, can still move my mouse but cant shut off or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since yesterday my PC keeps freezing randomly. I can move my mouse and minimize programs but thats it. Ive had to force shut down my PC multiple times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theonethatfalls, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Computer programs freeze up out of nowhere, can still move my mouse but cant shut off or...

Since yesterday my PC keeps freezing randomly. I can move my mouse and minimize programs but thats it. Ive had to force shut down my PC multiple times now to re start. I scanned with McAfee to check for viruses but it didnt fond any. what could be going on?

submitted by /u/theonethatfalls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theonethatfalls, Jan 7, 2021

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jan 7, 2021
  3. bunyip22 Win User
    Computer freezing after 1903 update

Since installing the 1903 feature update a week ago, I am getting frequent episodes of mouse freezing (or pointer disappearing) and computer seizing up. (MSI GT70 laptop, Logitech G9 Mouse). Ctrl+Alt+Delete has no effect, only solution has been to shut it down and reboot (until next episode). I have reinstalled mouse driver, no change. Any suggestions?

bunyip22, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Computer programs freeze up out of nowhere, can still move my mouse but cant shut off or...

Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer programs freeze up out of nowhere, can still move my mouse but cant shut off or...

1. Computer programs freeze up out of nowhere, can still move my mouse but cant shut off or... - Similar Threads - Computer programs freeze

2. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.: Today, I was on Discord and playing The Sims 4 at the same time. My computer was behaving fine until I went to click the minimize button on Discord, then I heard a Windows error sound and my entire computer froze. I was really confused and then tried to move the mouse, and it...
  3. Windows PC Freezes Out Of Nowhere and My Mouse Cursor Still Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC Freezes Out Of Nowhere and My Mouse Cursor Still Moves: Lately I haven't been able to do work on my pc because it keeps freezing randomly and the cursor is still able to move. Whenever I try to turn it off, it won't so then Ibhave to turn it off. Can anybody please help me?...
  4. Windows PC Freezes Out Of Nowhere and My Mouse Cursor Still Moves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PC Freezes Out Of Nowhere and My Mouse Cursor Still Moves: Lately I haven't been able to do work on my pc because it keeps freezing randomly and the cursor is still able to move. Whenever I try to turn it off, it won't so then Ibhave to turn it off. Can anybody please help me?...
  5. Windows PC Freezes Out Of Nowhere and My Mouse Cursor Still Moves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. PC Freezing but can still move my mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing but can still move my mouse.: Hello, my PC randomly freezes.List of things I can do while it is frozen:-- I can switch tabsNot on google chrome-- I can open things like Snipping Tool but can't interact with them-- I can open my windows menu but when I search/type something it just goes blank-- I can move...
  7. Computer freezes but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes but mouse still moves: My computer has been freezing to where all my apps don't respond if I open any game BUT destiny 2 on the lowest settings. By freezing I mean I'm able to move my apps and minimize but can't close them. Also in discord my voice calls all stop taking audio and nothing with in...
  8. Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on

Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on: Hello, My PC keeps freezing up where nothing will work -- Office apps might open but not close, other files/folders won't open if clicked on. Yet my mouse will still move and my PC is still "on". I have brand new parts in my PC -- new RAM, new graphics card, new...
  9. Windows computer freezes but I can still move my mouse.

Windows computer freezes but I can still move my mouse.: Hello I am having a problem that has been getting worse recently. My computer has been freezing, I can still move my mouse but cannot interact with anything else. It starts whenever I use the computer for at least 20 minutes it will freeze up an application. I can briefly...
  10. Computer shuts off out of nowhere, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts off out of nowhere, no bluescreen: HELP!!! Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎12/‎13/‎2018 11:00 PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffe603ae447010...