Windows 10: Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer.

Discus and support Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I logged into my account on my computer and the only thing on the screen was an alert that my computer virus protection has expired and I need to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by katenolan, May 12, 2021.

1. katenolan Win User

Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer.

I logged into my account on my computer and the only thing on the screen was an alert that my computer virus protection has expired and I need to update it. The rest of the screen was black. I clicked restore and it brought me to Microsoft Edge which isn't my default search engine. I can't access anything on my computer or any of my files. There is no taskbar or anything. I thought I could still use my computer if the protection expired?

:)

katenolan, May 12, 2021
  2. tiys Win User

your worse computing expirence?

whats your worse computing expirence?

mine is when there was a thunder-storm, and i forgot to unplug my pc, and a surge went to it, and fried everything *Cry :cry:

3. your worse computing expirence?

Same here. But not only did everything fry, it also caught fire (dunno how exactly). The fire fighters were thrilled, they say it's the first time they ever saw the computer itself catch fire
    like that..

TechnicalFreak, May 12, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer. - Similar Threads - Computer Protection expired

2. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.: I downloaded and installed Microsoft updates but when the computer restarted all I got was a black screen with no display at all. I reset several times as was advised in several other support issues I read trying to trigger windows repair. Did this about 5 times now when I...
  3. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.: I downloaded and installed Microsoft updates but when the computer restarted all I got was a black screen with no display at all. I reset several times as was advised in several other support issues I read trying to trigger windows repair. Did this about 5 times now when I...
  4. Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer: I locked my computer remotely with the Find My Device tab. I now can't log into my computer. When I enter my pin it tells me "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first."I...
  5. Protecting my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protecting my computer: Should I use Microsoft Antivirus Protection only or add another such as Total AV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protecting-my-computer/34beaf4f-71bf-45da-8e99-a8dfbd7b9412
  6. Application using expired SSL Certificate on my computer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application using expired SSL Certificate on my computer...: Well - it has come to this. I throw myself at the mercy of the smarter masses. Here is the situation in as best I can describe it. Understanding that I do not know how certificates work and I am not a OS Guru - just a plain user who is now stuck like deer in headlights....
  7. I can't use my computer properly

in Cortana
    I can't use my computer properly: I've had to reset my whole pc because of an issue that I still have even after the reset, I can't type in the Cortana search bar, it just closes when ever I type in it I can't right click in anything that isn't my desktop/homescreen Even in Edge I can't type in the...
  8. Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad: I agreed to the Office free trial basically to get it to leave me alone and stop harassing me to try it. I never wanted it and figured I would just let it expire. It immediately started converting my wordpad documents into word, which was an aggravation, and I couldn't figure...
  9. I can't use my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't use my computer.: For some reason ever since I reset my computer, I haven't been able to efficiently use it. For some reason nothing works unless I press right click on mouse or do (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and press cancel it works for a few seconds then stops again. Also for some reason my computer...
  10. can't use my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't use my computer: Downloaded free windows10, somehow the password for windows got corrupted and I can't log on. I am presently using my old lap top with windows 7. The logon has shut me out and suggest that I go to (account.live.com),which I can't do because I am locked out. I know this is...