Windows 10: Computer quietly playing music through headphones when nothing is open

Discus and support Computer quietly playing music through headphones when nothing is open in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I start up my computer, after about 5 minutes, it begins to play music and advertisements extremely quietly. This happens even if nothing is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wal01, Dec 3, 2020.

1. wal01 Win User

Computer quietly playing music through headphones when nothing is open

Whenever I start up my computer, after about 5 minutes, it begins to play music and advertisements extremely quietly. This happens even if nothing is open. I've tried using malwarebytes, but it didn't find anything. I also tried going into task manager and seeing if there were any suspicious startup applications, but there were none. Nothing shows up in Sound Mixer either. It's really frustrating because the music is just loud enough to be barely audible on my headphones, but not loud enough that I can tell if it also plays from my speakers.

:)

wal01, Dec 3, 2020

2. Listen to Android phone's music from desktop headphone

How to listen to [Android phone's music] from [a headphone that is connected to a Windows 10 desktop] without internet connection?
    I have an Android phone (Pixel 3a) with YouTube Music installed on it.

When I don't have internet connection, I want to be able to wear my headphone, which is connected to my desktop (Windows 10) and listen to both my desktop's audio (for example, game sound) and the music playing on my phone (for example, music that is available only on the phone's YouTube Music offline downloaded folder).

How can I achieve this?

Note:

Anonymous123, Dec 3, 2020
  3. music not playing well with any headphones or speakers

I have the Nokia Lumia 521. I just bought it from Metro PCS a day ago, and the second I synced my music and plugged in my headphones I had problems. The headphones are also brand new, they are a Sony remote & mic headset I paid a pretty penny for, and
    work well with every other device I own.
    I have also tried my Ear Pollution Mogul headphones, also very high-end and work with every other device.
    If the jack moves or spins or twists at all, the music gets scratchy, stops or it even skips a song.

As for speakers, I'm not sure the model but they are also by Sony, and yet again work with other devices fine. These WILL NOT play the music, period. On the off chance i might get the music playing very quietly (even with the phone turned all the way up)
    and with a scratchy, static-like noise in the background.
    I'm getting very frustrated because I paid in full for this phone, and I'm not sure that I can even return it at this point without paying to get a replacement. Can anyone give me advice on how to solve this problem, or has anyone had a similar issue?
    I'd like to listen to music on my phone without playing it with its built-in speaker.

KaitlynSoloDolo, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer quietly playing music through headphones when nothing is open - Similar Threads - Computer quietly playing

2. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  3. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  4. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  5. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  6. How to play Music through Speakers while using Headphones on PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to play Music through Speakers while using Headphones on PC: [IMG]Can we play music through our speakers while we are using the headphones? Yes, we can. We can actually use two different audio devices at the same time. Today, in this post, we will learn about three methods by which we can use both our headphones and the speakers...
  7. All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones: I'm not sure when it started nor why but the sound only comes out if I restart my computer and quickly plug in my headphones as soon as the computer opens. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My mom is getting so sick of hearing me play music lol...
  8. Laptop not playing through headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not playing through headphones: I plug in my headphones, and in the corner it shows me what device it is and I click okay, so it’s picking up that I have my headphones plugged in, but then it plays the audio through my laptop speaker? Please help! submitted by /u/MasonSJ [link] [comments]...
  9. Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.: I've only been having this exact problem recently; whenever I try to play audio from my laptop (HP Pavilion 15-n271ea I think​, x64) with my headphones (3.5mm jack, Sony) the audio plays through my speakers and not my headphones. This would happen before (with audio playing...
  10. Win10 not playing audio through headphones when plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 not playing audio through headphones when plugged in: Alright, so the new update has apparently broken crap again, because why could Microsoft ever leave stuff that works alone? Here's the issue: when I plug in earbuds/headphones or unplug them from the audio jack, the OS no longer automatically switches the default audio...