Windows 10: Computer quit sleeping

Discus and support Computer quit sleeping in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wifes computer (20H2 .867) is set to sleep after 1 hour, worked just fine until the 20H2 upgrade, now it won't sleep without manually putting it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Mar 18, 2021.

1. rboppy Win User

Computer quit sleeping

My wifes computer (20H2 .867) is set to sleep after 1 hour, worked just fine until the 20H2 upgrade, now it won't sleep without manually putting it to sleep.

:)

rboppy, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Mar 18, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Computer quit sleeping

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Computer quit sleeping

1. Computer quit sleeping - Similar Threads - Computer quit sleeping

2. Sleeping computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleeping computer: My friend needs to continually login with his pin, as his computer with Windows 10 falls asleep. I looked in the sleep feature and it's turned off! Guessing he did set his sleep feature after getting annoyed so often. Not good for his battery for sureHe has a laptop.How can...
  3. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  5. Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.: When I put my laptop in sleep mode, I have to force quit it to turn it back on.This happened after the latest Windows 11 update. I don't want to uninstall the update, I simple want this bug gone.I was informed this was a common bug that was going to be fixed weeks ago. Please...
  6. Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.: When I put my laptop in sleep mode, I have to force quit it to turn it back on.This happened after the latest Windows 11 update. I don't want to uninstall the update, I simple want this bug gone.I was informed this was a common bug that was going to be fixed weeks ago. Please...
  7. Computer sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer sleep: With Windows 10 Edition 1903 installed, is it possible to set a desktop computer to go to sleep? I can only find a 'sleep' setting for my display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sleep/eef198ff-3818-4420-ae58-2a2122e7fc31
  8. Computer will no sleep

Computer will no sleep: When I go to put computer to sleep it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-no-sleep/793b4a31-63f5-4c30-afb7-100d24a0d015"
  9. network suddenly quit showing computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network suddenly quit showing computer: Anyone have any idea why suddenly out of the blue my network quit showing one of my computers? I have a tablet and laptop both with windows 10. my tablet still shows both computers, but my laptop no longer shows the tablet. I didn't change anything. What can cause this and...
  10. Computer will not sleep.

Computer will not sleep.: Hi, I am having trouble getting my computer to sleep. Can someone please look at this for me? 6968