Windows 10: Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart

Discus and support Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So recently I've had this problem with my desktop. It seems to be happening mostly when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SamSeb Kierkegaard, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart

So recently I've had this problem with my desktop. It seems to be happening mostly when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. The laptop just completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being played endlessly, but the desktop never crashes, it just keep on freezing until I give it a hard restart.Someone else had a similar problem with an answer provided which was to:"run the System File Checker to check if there are corrupted files which might be causing this problem.To run it, follow these steps:Open Command Prom

:)

SamSeb Kierkegaard, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Omahabob Win User

Restart Required Loop

I'm not normally a fan of re-opening old threads. But since I ran into this issue with audio software on a brand new Alienware PC, the thread is apparently still applicable to at least some degree. The troubleshooters in Control Panel fixed the issue for me. Thanks, zbook.

Omahabob, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Dell Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10 Build 1709 (Fall Creators Edition)

As I said in my question, the make and model of my PC is Dell Alienware Aurora-R3. That computer is NOT Windows 10 compatible, but may users have learned that the main problem is that the computer freezes when the computer reboots during the windows 10
    installation, and this can be avoided by simply shutting down whenever the computer starts to restart. I had no problem running Windows 10 until version 1709 came along. I was hoping someone who also had a Dell Alienware Aurora-R3 had come up with a work-around.

HappyMacomb, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Jakeb34 Win User

Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart

Alienware says it's Microsoft's problem that my Aurora R3 will not upgrade to Windows 10

I was also having an issue like this, I would follow these steps but I really don't want to dual-boot. Do you think Microsoft (because I know Alienware wont :/ ) will take steps to help us (people with alienware aurora r3's) out? I really like the look of
    Windows 10 but to be unsupported without having to perform a little trick on the setup (hold down the power button when the computer is restarting in setup, wait about 10 seconds then start it back up again; basically a manual reboot) is a shame.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f2mvq/upgrade_stuck_on_boot/

This is the post on reddit on the issue, people have had issues with their R3's.

Jakeb34, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart

1. Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart - Similar Threads - Computer r12 AURORA

2. Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart: So recently I've had this problem with my desktop. It seems to be happening mostly when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. The laptop just completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being...
  3. Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer r12 AURORA alienware freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter and it requires Hard Restart: So recently I've had this problem with my desktop. It seems to be happening mostly when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. The laptop just completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being...
  4. Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart: I have a brand new PC which has been repeatedly crashing over the past week. No BSOD is occurring but the screen will freeze and become totally nonresponsive and if any audio was playing at the time there will be horrible audio stuttering. Whenever this happens it requires a...
  5. Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart: I have a brand new PC which has been repeatedly crashing over the past week. No BSOD is occurring but the screen will freeze and become totally nonresponsive and if any audio was playing at the time there will be horrible audio stuttering. Whenever this happens it requires a...
  6. Repeated crashes with screen freeze and audio stuttering requiring hard restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes

Audio looping & stuttering, computer freezes, and then crashes: So I have a Lenovo Legion desktop I bought this January that I use for gaming on a daily basis and has worked fine, apart from the rare crash, until a week or two ago. Now these crashes are different and more often than the ones I've had before, my audio loops and stutters,...
  8. alienware aurora r12 issue

alienware aurora r12 issue: i just bought this computer a few days ago and i dont feel im getting the performance i should out of it. ive set everything to performance mode. its the intel i7 with rtx 3070. even on performance mode fortnite is only getting 120 frames...
  9. Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart: So recently I've been this problem with my laptop. It seems to be happening mostly when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. The laptop just completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being...
  10. Alienware Aurora R7 Boot up loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware Aurora R7 Boot up loop: Note: I've had my Aurora for almost a year now. Earlier today I factory reset my computer entirely, since then I've been sent to a set up area where I am supposed to fill out my region, language, timezone, and keyboard type. After pressing next I've been sent to a page that...