Windows 10: Computer randomly crashed while in standby mode then when I turned it on it says my D:...

Discus and support Computer randomly crashed while in standby mode then when I turned it on it says my D:... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is nowhere to be found. In the File Explorer the D: icon has a question mark on it. When I try to open something in the D: drive it says "D:\ is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WarningElk66470, May 30, 2020.

1. Computer randomly crashed while in standby mode then when I turned it on it says my D:...

It is nowhere to be found. In the File Explorer the D: icon has a question mark on it. When I try to open something in the D: drive it says "D:\ is unavailable." It is not listed in Device Manager as a drive and it is not listed in Disk Management as a drive.

Is there any way I can at least get my files from the D:\ drive?

:)

WarningElk66470, May 30, 2020

2. When on standby mode...

Your computer is set to standby in S1 mode go into your bIOS under power management settings and set it to S3 mode.

Polaris573, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Standby shuts computer down

Hello Norton,

It is set at Standby, always has been and I do not have a Standby switch back time limit, it is set to "Never"

That earlier thread (around 2007) was a long one involving so many complex suggestions I thought that the entire computer had been regenerated from new. You know how the OP solved it after turning it inside out ? He fiddled about with Ad-Aware. Don`t know exactly what he did, but Standby worked OK after this surgery. I do not have Ad-Aware.

Bald Eagle, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Computer randomly crashed while in standby mode then when I turned it on it says my D:...

Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Computer randomly crashed while in standby mode then when I turned it on it says my D:...

1. Computer randomly crashed while in standby mode then when I turned it on it says my D:... - Similar Threads - Computer randomly crashed

2. My computer keeps going to standby mode. It will not stay on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps going to standby mode. It will not stay on.: My computer keeps going in standby mode. I gave tried shutting down. Unplugging. Ctrl alt delete. Windows R. Nothing. It keeps going to sleep. Please I need to work this morning. I can't get a tech until 10/10. It is 10/02....
  3. My computer keeps going to standby mode. It will not stay on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps going to standby mode. It will not stay on.: My computer keeps going in standby mode. I gave tried shutting down. Unplugging. Ctrl alt delete. Windows R. Nothing. It keeps going to sleep. Please I need to work this morning. I can't get a tech until 10/10. It is 10/02....
  4. Computer will randomly turn off and when it does it crashes on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will randomly turn off and when it does it crashes on boot: So last week my pc just randomly turned off and then wouldn't fully boot and this has been a problem for a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-randomly-turn-off-and-when-it-does/b4f24315-6c55-4eee-accb-744594bed853
  5. Computer will randomly turn off and when it does it crashes on boot

Computer will randomly turn off and when it does it crashes on boot: So last week my pc just randomly turned off and then wouldn't fully boot and this has been a problem for a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-randomly-turn-off-and-when-it-does/b4f24315-6c55-4eee-accb-744594bed853
  6. Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?: I have a Dell Vostro 15 5510, that has had the problem of unexpectedly shutting down overnight.We leave this laptop on so that the user can come back in the morning and already have the necessary websites and web portals already signed in and ready to go, he just has to...
  7. Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?: I have a Dell Vostro 15 5510, that has had the problem of unexpectedly shutting down overnight.We leave this laptop on so that the user can come back in the morning and already have the necessary websites and web portals already signed in and ready to go, he just has to...
  8. Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?

9. my computer will not boot up from standby mode. I have to turn off and restart?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer will not boot up from standby mode. I have to turn off and restart?: must turn off and restart after sitting silent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-boot-up-from-standby-mode-i/71eb54b2-5e4f-4c8b-a89d-a11f72dc0fb5
  10. Windows 10 randomly turning screen off or going into Standby Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly turning screen off or going into Standby Mode: Hi there, The same is happening to me, as well. Video, sound, everything works normally, sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes 2 hours and then screen goes blank and the only way how to get PC to life again is hard power shutdown. It never happened before , until the last...