Windows 10: Computer randomly crashes with no warning

Discus and support Computer randomly crashes with no warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, i have an issue with my computer where it randomly crashes while gaming or while doing nothing at all it doesnt give me any warning or error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrankieD93, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Computer randomly crashes with no warning

Hi all,

i have an issue with my computer where it randomly crashes while gaming or while doing nothing at all it doesnt give me any warning or error code, simply black screen like what the reset button would do. I dont know were to look apart from the reliability history which says windows was not shutdown properly, no other info.

Any ideas on what the issue could be or where i can look to find out?

Thank you

:)

FrankieD93, Nov 29, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

Computer randomly crashing

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting [/i] Read carefully before proceeding.

Computer randomly crashes with no warning [​IMG]
    Warning
    If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.

Note Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
    Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE [/i] CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 and/or IntelBurnTest to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

TWO [/i] RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it please.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Diagnostics Test [/i] HDD TEST

Note Please run HDTune first, in the order posted!
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

*Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

FOUR [/i] GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

3. Naby Win User
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

4. SirLevir Win User

Computer randomly crashes with no warning

Computer Crashing Randomly

As of today, my computer has been crashing randomly. Whenever it crashes, it restarts and acts normal until it crashes again. Can someone please help me. Thank you so much!

SirLevir, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer randomly crashes with no warning

1. Computer randomly crashes with no warning - Similar Threads - Computer randomly crashes

2. Computer crashes randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes randomly.: Hi,I keep having my system crash. Sometimes I get a blue screen and sometimes my mouse cursor just freezes. When that happens I am forced to turn the system off by holding down the power button. I have run a memory tester to make sure I don't have a faulty ram stick and I...
  3. Computer crashes randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes randomly.: Hi,I keep having my system crash. Sometimes I get a blue screen and sometimes my mouse cursor just freezes. When that happens I am forced to turn the system off by holding down the power button. I have run a memory tester to make sure I don't have a faulty ram stick and I...
  4. My computer continually crashes with no warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer continually crashes with no warning: my machine continues crashing without warning and I cannot tell whyhere is the event log:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 8The details view of this...
  5. My computer continually crashes with no warning

My computer continually crashes with no warning: my machine continues crashing without warning and I cannot tell whyhere is the event log:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 8The details view of this...
  6. Random Computer Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Computer Crashes: Help ive done everything i can think of to stop my computer from crashing and it just continues. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not my screen will freeze and the whole system becomes unresponsive and sometimes the monitors will turn off and the sound will bug out...
  7. Random Computer Crashes

Random Computer Crashes: Help ive done everything i can think of to stop my computer from crashing and it just continues. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not my screen will freeze and the whole system becomes unresponsive and sometimes the monitors will turn off and the sound will bug out...
  8. Computer randomly crashing

Computer randomly crashing: Hello!I'm having trouble with my computer randomly shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. At this point, the only thing I can do is...
  9. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...