Windows 10: Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

Discus and support Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaiusAegis, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my computer with my Windows 10 disc hoping it would fix this crash. It didn't. That leads me to believe it's a hardware issue and not software.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me an idea of what the source of this crash is and how I can fix it? I've been told by some it might be the kind of video card I'm using but I have no solid way to prove that or fix it if that is indeed the case.

Here are some of my computer specs, hopefully, someone can help.

Manufacturer: Cyberpower PC
    Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00GHz

RAM: 16G

System Type: 64-Bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Video Card: Radeon RX 480

Not entirely sure what else to put up in terms of computer specs. I'm somewhat computer savy but not very good at finding the actual parts and their names.

:)

CaiusAegis, Sep 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

1. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart. - Similar Threads - Computer randomly freezes

2. PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it: Hi My PC freezes randomly can be fine for days or freeze every day, or when its just idling , only current fix i have is to restart the PC, i cant quite put my finger on what's coursing it.iv checked the bios to make sure its nothing there as the board accepts intel gen 11...
  3. PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Randomly forcing me to manually restart it: Hi My PC freezes randomly can be fine for days or freeze every day, or when its just idling , only current fix i have is to restart the PC, i cant quite put my finger on what's coursing it.iv checked the bios to make sure its nothing there as the board accepts intel gen 11...
  4. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  5. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  6. PC Freezes forcing me to manually restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes forcing me to manually restart it: My pc specs: OS: Windows Pro 20H2Intel i9 10900KRTX 3080 8GB Vram32GB RamMy pc freezes forcing me to restart it manually. At first i thought it was a problem related to League of Legends running in the background, because everytime the crashes happens the game is running so...
  7. Screen freezes and forces me to restart

Screen freezes and forces me to restart: I'm not to sure why it freezes. The PC has quite regularly done this, ever since I got it and mostly while playing games. I made sure all the drivers were up to date with DriverEasy, but it still manages to freeze. Is there something I missed? Reliability history and event...
  8. Computer will randomly freeze and restart

Computer will randomly freeze and restart: Recently, my computer has been randomly freezing and restarting while playing games. There is no blue screen and no error codes or anything. When I check the reliability center it just says "Windows did not shut down properly". I have ran hard drive tests and ram tests which...
  9. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...
  10. Windows 10 random freezes forced restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 random freezes forced restart: Hi, I've recently upgraded from 7 ultimate to 10 pro and in game/rendering my PC randomly freezes, the keyboard and mouse will not work so i have to restart the system. PC specs: fx 6350 MSI 970a-g46 Sapphire R7 260x 2gb 16 GB ram ddr3 corsair 1600 MHz Thermaltake...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does edge suddenly completely freeze forcing me to re-boot laptop.