Windows 10: Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Discus and support Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JL927, Sep 30, 2019.

1. JL927 Win User

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA graphics card is kept updated through GeForce Experience. Also, I ran SFC /scannow and it came up with some errors so I used DISM (through source/USB stick) to repair the image. I then ran SFC /scannow again (a couple times to make sure) and it said everything was repaired. Yet, my computer still freezes randomly.

Here is a link to my event viewer errors: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvvC7mBvgYQghK8X51ViMQiePteiPw?e=JFFI1I

Below is relevant information about my setup. Please let me know if I need to provide any other info.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-HNSK1DO
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model GA-78LMT-S2
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU
    Processor AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. XV F5b, 2/27/2013
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    BaseBoard Product GA-78LMT-S2
    BaseBoard Version x.x
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.356"
    User Name DESKTOP-HNSK1DO\info
    Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 5.40 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 10.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 7.79 GB
    Page File Space 2.87 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

---------

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356

:)

JL927, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Mok g Win User
    System freezes randomly

My computer freezes randomly, it could be playing videos, games, or merely being idle. All input and output devices freeze (screen freeze and audio as well).

I have reinstalled the system in the SSD but no luck.

I have also tried the SFC scan and the DISE scan, check and restore fix. Just wonder how can I know what causing the error exactly. The event viewer did show some error but errors were about forced restart after the freeze instead of what happened at or
    before the freeze.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you so much!

Mok g, Sep 30, 2019
  4. SwatRider Win User

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hello,

I have the latest windows updates, drivers, and BIOS.

The issue was caused by the Radeon drivers - i explained in my previous post.

To solve the issue I run a program called ClockBlocker that prevents the graphics card from downclocking and freezing the computer.

Thank you all for all the help.

SwatRider, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - Computer randomly freezes

2. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  3. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  4. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, nothing causes it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  6. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  7. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.

8. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  9. computer randomly restarts or shutdowns

computer randomly restarts or shutdowns: So every now and then I open my computer and find out that it was shut down. At first, I thought it was a windows update, but I don't know anymore. the error I see in the event viewer system log is 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:59:50 on ‎20/‎09/‎2020 was...
  10. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.: So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update now computer freezes and have to force shutdown