Windows 10: Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.

Discus and support Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer randomly freezes up when idle, or while playing Fortnite. It completely freezes up and I cannot do anything except shut down the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike Tom1, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Mike Tom1 Win User

Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.

My computer randomly freezes up when idle, or while playing Fortnite. It completely freezes up and I cannot do anything except shut down the computer via the power button.

:)

Mike Tom1, Dec 1, 2023

2. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.

My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's

So, I've been having this problem for months now, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.

My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's at least once a day, My computer has no dust in the fans, nothing is blocking them either, so overheating is out of the way, I think it is more than likely software.

The one BSOD stop code I can remember is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR" "win32kbase.sys", the last one always changes, sometimes it just isn't there. That BSOD happened about an hour ago.

When it doesn't BSOD it just freezes, usually with a loud pop in my headset, when it freezes my monitors stay on, same as my keyboard and mouse, but I cant do anything on there the audio doesn't work and the fans and lights inside the computer stay on, I
    have no idea what is happening, and am desperate to fix it.

Thanks.

AlexHolmes1658, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.

1. Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes. - Similar Threads - Computer randomly freezes

2. Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.: My computer randomly freezes up when idle, or while playing Fortnite. It completely freezes up and I cannot do anything except shut down the computer via the power button....
  3. computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive: This is the screen it always starts on and freezes, ive tried shutting it down and rebooting, i cant access booting options since it freezes almost as soon as it turns on. This happened once before, i left it alone for about a month until i was ready to deal with it but it...
  4. computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive

computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive: This is the screen it always starts on and freezes, ive tried shutting it down and rebooting, i cant access booting options since it freezes almost as soon as it turns on. This happened once before, i left it alone for about a month until i was ready to deal with it but it...
  5. computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer becoming unresponsive

Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  7. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  8. Computer becoming unresponsive

9. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly: GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become unresponsive. At first I thought that it was totally at random but I have narrowed it down to when I am watching a youtube video....
  10. my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening: i have windows 10. it started two days back that when i put it to sleep or hibernate, the screen goes black with mouse cursor visible but nothing gets out of it. i can wait for hours but screen doesnt return unless i restart it which obviously looses my data/ work unsaved....