Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise

Discus and support Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First post here, and hoping to get some help. For about a month or so now, my computer would randomly freeze with a loud buzzing noise coming from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Heize, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Heize Win User

First post here, and hoping to get some help.

For about a month or so now, my computer would randomly freeze with a loud buzzing noise coming from my speakers. It seems like it usually happens when I have Chrome up and watching either Twitch or YouTube. The only other thing I have up is Discord and Fortnite.

The freezes seem to happen pretty sporadically, sometimes several times a day while sometimes it won't happen for a couple of days. I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is.

The things I've tried:
    Turn off hardware accelerator
    Updated video card driver
    Windows Fresh Start
    Using a different browser

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

:)

Heize, Jul 8, 2018
  2. telled Win User

Loud static or buzzing noise

Ever since I bought my Lumia 920 I have had problems with a very loud static / buzzing noise that comes and goes when I am playing music or other mp3 files. How do I fix this? It is driving me crazy.

telled, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Jose Jimenez Win User
    Loud buzzing noise

I have a 2-yr-old Lenovo Yoga 2 11 and it started making a loud mechanical (not from speaker) noise. The video showing locked up and none of the keyboard buttons would work to shut it down. The power button would not shut it down. I had to let it discharge the battery for a couple hours while making this noise and tried the power button again. This time it turned it off and I was able to boot and operate normally. Have you heard of this problem and do you know the cause or a way to keep it from returning?

Jose Jimenez, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Jami1307lah Win User

Laptop freezes and makes a buzzing noise

My laptop screen keeps freezing and making a buzzing noise even whrn I'm just playing music and not watching any videos. Its only been happening for the past few days and it happens randomly.

I have tried uninstalling amd reinstalling the audio driver but it still happens.

Laptop: Lenovo Z40-70

Jami1307lah, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise - Similar Threads - Computer randomly freezing

2. Computer freezing randomly and one BSoD (error code 133)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing randomly and one BSoD (error code 133): Youtube is generally up, happens when gaming sometimes, but not always. The computer will lock up, the sound will lock up and glitch out and then restart. It BSoD once within the first day of having it, error 133. Thanks 107058
  3. Random and recurring computer crashe/freezes while gaming

Random and recurring computer crashe/freezes while gaming: Hi there! As a last ditch effort I'm turning to you with a problem I've been plagued by for more than a year. Before making this topic I made sure to browse this awsome site for any similar threads, unfortunately I found no solution. I bough my computer from a serious...
  4. Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots: Hello Friends, I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows 10 installed. Recently it has been randomly freezing, forcing me to restart it, or blue screening. When the computer reboots it falls into a repeat cycle of Blue screening into rebooting,...
  5. Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot

Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot: My computer ever since replacing the Motherboard has been having new set of issues not relating to a bluescreen at all this time just the system will randomly freeze up at different times like opening a twitter profile, facebook profile or a program.. It don't even respond to...
  6. Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly

Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly: Hi, For the past few weeks my desktop has been blue screening, turning off randomly, and freezing. I am currently typing this thread on my phone because my PC would freeze within 5 minutes of turning it on. That means that I am unable to attach my dump files unto here....
  7. Old Laptop w/ Radeon HD 3870 x2 card, Freezes computer randomly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Old Laptop w/ Radeon HD 3870 x2 card, Freezes computer randomly: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my rather old and aging laptop. Doing so, I've developed a frequent but random problem where if my web browser loads or closes a tab that has a video embedded into it, it will freeze the entire computer-- no BSOD, just...
  8. computer freezing at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    computer freezing at random times: My computer keeps randomly freezing and it is driving me nuts! Sometimes I can be playing for hours and nothing happens or I have had it also freeze when it is starting up or once windows has loaded. I can't remember when I bought it but for a graphics card, it has a geforce...
  9. Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update: After the last big Windows update (I don't remember the name of it), every so often, my computer will suddenly and completely lock up. It is not producing BSOD or sound skips, it just completely freezes and I have to hit the restart button on my tower. There is nothing in...
  10. Random Computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Computer freeze: Computer randomly freezing while playing games. Have tested it on League and CSGO. I recently put a brand new power supply in it and it did not correct the issue. Before i changed the power supply it would freeze with a sound loop and after i put a new one in it just freezes...