Windows 10: Computer Randomly Hanging, Event ID 41: Same 6 Events in Lead-up to Each

Discus and support Computer Randomly Hanging, Event ID 41: Same 6 Events in Lead-up to Each in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, About 2 months ago, I got a brand new monitor with a faulty power cable. At the time, I thought something was wrong with my computer not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stubaby71, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Stubaby71 Win User

Computer Randomly Hanging, Event ID 41: Same 6 Events in Lead-up to Each

Hello,

About 2 months ago, I got a brand new monitor with a faulty power cable. At the time, I thought something was wrong with my computer not the monitor, so I did a number of things to try to fix it replaced CMOS, updated drivers, re-seated my GPU . Ever since then, I have been experiencing random computer hangs that require me to restart.

In the event viewer, I get the same 6 events before every hang and restart.

1. File System Filter 'FileInfo' 10.0, ‎2041‎-‎01‎-‎30T23:18:31.000000000Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

2. File System Filter 'Wof' 10.0, ‎2098‎-‎02‎-‎02T09:47:11.000000000Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

3. File System Filter 'WdFilter' 10.0, ‎2067‎-‎03‎-‎22T15:30:57.000000000Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

4. Volume C: \Device\HarddiskVolume5 is healthy. No action is needed.

5. File System Filter 'FileCrypt' 10.0, ‎2034‎-‎08‎-‎13T06:30:12.000000000Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

6. 22T22:11:04.000000000Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

7. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I've read other threads that have had similar issues and tried their solutions but to no avail.

So far, I've reinstalled the latest drivers, disabled automatic and fast reboot, checked both my drives, re-seated my GPU in its old slot, updated all my software, done windows built in memory test, ran a windows debloater, ran the repair wizard on my computer multiple times, and to narrow it done between hardware and software I reset and wiped the computer and loaded a fresh windows install.

If someone could help me narrow down my hardware issue it would be much appreciated.

:)

Stubaby71, Jan 25, 2020

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Michelle Vil, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Computer Randomly Hanging, Event ID 41: Same 6 Events in Lead-up to Each

randomly hard hang, event ID 41

Hi! my windows start to hard hang randomly, usually when I play games, but sometimes I can play for hours without problems and sometimes the PC hang after few minutes of playing, this is so random.

Also is randomly hang when I download large torrent files, just like above, some days I can download torrent files without problem, and other days after few minutes of downloading the Pc freeze.

and just to make it more curious, also happen when I'm using the webcam.

so.... I don't know! help!

This is the same event log that appears after I power on the pc again after the hard hang.

P.d: my windows and drivers are up to date.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 22/03/2018 10:33:47 p. m.

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-5H4RHUU

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>6</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-03-23T03:33:47.374368100Z" />

<EventRecordID>14228</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-5H4RHUU</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

thanks!

abetancourt, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Computer Randomly Hanging, Event ID 41: Same 6 Events in Lead-up to Each

1. Computer Randomly Hanging, Event ID 41: Same 6 Events in Lead-up to Each - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly Hanging

2. Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 41: Hi, my PC has been crashing with Event ID 41I've tried:Replacing PSUUpdating BIOSReinstalling GPU Drivers using DDUMoving PC Power plug to surge protectorReplacing home electrical socketUsing sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth both showed no issuesTech...
  3. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  4. Random of Event ID 41

Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  5. event id 41

event id 41: Hello. i just recently started to get som issues with my gaming pc. while ingame after maybe 10 minutes the pc freezes and the screen either turns black or just freezes and ill need to press the power button in order to use the pc again. I have just replaced the old psu with...
  6. Event ID 41

Event ID 41: How do I find out what is causing this error? It shuts down fine without crashing yet I get these... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-41/1d4ac92b-f285-45c5-a18e-0cfaf56b8662
  7. Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41: Hi,I've been dealing with this issue where my computer will randomly lose power no shutting down or restarting message, then reboot itself. Checking Event Viewer right after the reboot shows Event ID 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  8. Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 41: Hi, i recently built a gaming pc and received it in august but i have been facing non stop issues as my pc restarts at random times when it is idle or when im using the internet to watch youtube and or netflix. I cant do any work on my pc due to this issue. However, when i...
  9. Event ID 41

Event ID 41: I had a restarting problem about 8 months ago with event ID 41, I post a question and one of your technicians told me to change the power supply. I have done it and my problem solved. now I have the same problem but this time changing the power supply didn't solved my...
  10. Event ID 41

Event ID 41: I have a regular power down issue I have attached Application and System Logs Could someone take a look and see what might be the cause? This has starte happening in the last week - multiple power downs while I am seemingly not doing anything....