Windows 10: Computer randomly locks while using it

Discus and support Computer randomly locks while using it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Artapel, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Artapel Win User

Computer randomly locks while using it

My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse.

This is after the resent set of updates.

I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop.

This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox pass, as well as during surfing the web on chrome.

:)

Artapel, Sep 21, 2020

2. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Sep 21, 2020
  3. cdjman0 Win User
    My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

Hey I'm having this problem as well. It started late last week/earlier this week. Bumping this thread. Laptop (running Wi 10) randomly cuts to lock screen and makes me re input my password. I looked at the solution posted above but I want to keep my computer's lock screen. I just want to stop it from locking randomly.

cdjman0, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Computer randomly locks while using it

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer randomly locks while using it

1. Computer randomly locks while using it - Similar Threads - Computer randomly locks

2. Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use: I have a fully patched and updated Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition full specs and config info at link with Logitech BRIO 4K webcam connected. I use the webcam for Windows Hello Face login. I'm frequently having an issue in which the PC will suddenly lock itself during use....
  3. Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 locking randomly while in use: Hello, I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say something like your PC is locking now, and i have tried driver updates, windows was up to date, ran windows security and found...
  4. Computer locks up randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer locks up randomly: I have a home built computer. MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI motherboard, 3600x processor, 32 GB corsair vengeance DDR4 3200, EVGA 1070 graphics card. Win 10 64 bit version 2004. I get random computer lock ups while watching youtube. It seems to happen only while watching...
  5. Locks me out while in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locks me out while in use: Yesterday I got locked out for the first time while in use and it has been happening quite a few times since. Ive ran a power troubleshoot and found nothing wrong and I have my display adapters fully upgraded which were the 2 methods recommended to me but it still seems to be...
  6. computer locks while i'm using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer locks while i'm using it: While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!...
  7. Random BSOD while using Firefox

Random BSOD while using Firefox: Hello! Since I've updated my Windows 10 to the 1903 version I'm having random BSODs while I'm opening new tabs in Firefox. Usually it happens once every few days and shortly after I boot up my PC for the first time of the day. The error is the following:...
  8. Computer randomly locks itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer randomly locks itself: Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Pc randomly comes up with this after a short period of time [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-locks-itself/9bc5c3d1-3d56-4b26-b805-82144c850cda
  9. Random BSOD's while using computer

Random BSOD's while using computer: Hello, recently my laptop has been crashing. I had a few BSOD's about a week ago and one today. The crashes are seemingly random. Sometimes it crashes when I'm watching youtube, sometimes when I'm browsing reddit. I haven't downloaded any new drivers or anything so I don't...
  10. Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.

Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post! Please see attached the Minidumps that were collected after running dm_log_collector.exe Computer specs I expect should be visible in my profile. In case I missed some crucial information, let me know and I'll...