Windows 10: Computer randomly resets.

Discus and support Computer randomly resets. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, so as the title says my newly built pc has been randomly shutting down and resetting always mid gaming and usually after 3+ hours of gaming. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanSpud, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Computer randomly resets.

Hey, so as the title says my newly built pc has been randomly shutting down and resetting always mid gaming and usually after 3+ hours of gaming. My system has not crashed during benchmarks. System temps are well below throttle

and all drivers are up to date. I'm thinking it's either a gpu issue, I have a 5700xt or the fact I got windows 10 by upgrading from a windows 7 key.

here's the problem report I think is the key issue here.

Source

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process

Summary

Driver host process timeout.

Date

‎2020-‎09-‎27 9:43 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process did not complete a critical operation within the allowed timeout period.

This report contains information about the process and the drivers running within and will be used to improve the quality of these drivers.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem

EventClass: HostProblem

Problem: HostTimeout

DetectedBy: 2

UMDFVersion: 2.31.0

ExitCode: 103

Operation: 3

HardwareId: HID\VID_1532&PID_0527&REV_5002&MI_03&Col02

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 92b4fe4d4ab96e5dc8d16615ab227bc1 1788322770294307777

:)

NathanSpud, Sep 28, 2020
  2. CG33146 Win User

Computer Randomly Hangs; cannot run reset

I have been experiencing a number of issues with Windows 10. The computer randomly hangs up for 10 seconds or so. Since updates also would also not install, I ran the troubleshooter. Now I have resolved the update problem but the computer still randomly
    hangs for several seconds across all apps. I tried to reset the computer, but when I click on the reset button, nothing happens.

I ran several malware programs and nothing was found by any of them.

How can I resolve the issue? I tried to follow the steps to run the system checker, but I cannot get the computer to display what the steps say should be displayed.

I have a HP Z Book running Windows 10.

Thank you.

CG33146, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 28, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Computer randomly resets.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Computer randomly resets.

1. Computer randomly resets. - Similar Threads - Computer randomly resets

2. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  3. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  4. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  6. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  7. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  9. Random Computer Crashes / Resets?

Random Computer Crashes / Resets?: So I recently upgraded to a RTX 3070 from a 1660 ti. Ever since then I have been having random crashes that sometimes occur when playing games, attending Zoom meetings, or even while my computer is casually idiling. Sometimes the crash happens and the PC restarts, sometimes...
  10. Computer randomly goes to blue screen then reset

Computer randomly goes to blue screen then reset: Hi when I'm on my computer watching a video or just reading and when I'm gaming my computer will just got to a blue screen with a QR on it and failure info..I run virus sans and do memory scan and the maintenance checks and nothing. I deleted cookies etc... and it still...