Windows 10: Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41

Discus and support Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, i have a desktop that has been randomly restarting at least once per day since the april update KB4549951. It happens even in idle and can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pengybaby, May 20, 2020.

1. pengybaby Win User

Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41

Hey all,

i have a desktop that has been randomly restarting at least once per day since the april update KB4549951. It happens even in idle and can also happen when i am working on something. All that happens is the screen goes black no blue sceen, then the standard reboot occurs. The new update also could not be installed due to an error forgot the error code.

NOTE: my computer was bought in 2017, and there were no issues prior to this, during the 3 years of me using it.

the error code for the random restart in the event viewer after one of these random restarts is ID 41 with BugCheckCode of 0.

At first i thought this was an issue with some program i installed or the system in general, so i did a complete clean install of windows 10, and all updates including the new one installed with out a problem. The issue seemed to be fixed, at least for the first 3 days after the clean install...then the random restart happened again, same as before.

at this point, i thought it was a hardware issue, so i ran some tests for the cpu and ram: FurMark and memtest86 and both returned with no issue. I also did the standard windows memory diagonostic, which also returned with no issues.

i also tried the command prompt stuff like sfc /scannow and dism restorehealth, all of these run fine and all return with success.

the pc repair place also couldn’t find out what was wrong, they said that all components seems to be fine, psu, graphics card, memory etc. Were all healthy/good to go.

is there a possiblity that it could be one of the windows updates thats causing the issue? Or should this be an hardware issue but the pc repair place just didnt find it? Any help is appreciated!

:)

pengybaby, May 20, 2020

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 20, 2020
  3. Michelle Vil, May 20, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

Your event shows nothing; it is as OneMoar stated earlier:

Or this quote from MS explains the no event info here --> Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2
    If you are absolutely sure your PSU is good... check all your connections and be sure they are secure and properly placed.
    It would probably be best to un-connect and re-connect each one.
    Even the header connectors on the MB, power to wall, UPS, surge protector, ... all power connections.
    Make sure there are no power connectors laying around getting shorted out, too.
    Turn off, if, any OCing.
    Reset the BIOS to defaults.
    Check for any over heating

Then deal with windows after your are positive there is no hardware problems.

95Viper, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41 - Similar Threads - Computer randomly restarts

2. Event 41 random restart with no error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41 random restart with no error code: I am seeing some random restart issues which are quite annoying and frustrating, especially after hours and hours of searching online and I still can't fix them :.So I am posting here to see if I can get any help.I have restarts pretty randomly - about 2-3 times per night,...
  3. Event 41 random restart with no error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 41 random restart with no error code: I am seeing some random restart issues which are quite annoying and frustrating, especially after hours and hours of searching online and I still can't fix them :.So I am posting here to see if I can get any help.I have restarts pretty randomly - about 2-3 times per night,...
  4. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  5. Random of Event ID 41

Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  6. PC randomly restarts Error ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarts Error ID 41: For a couple months now my pc has been randomly restarting and when I look at Event Viewer it says Error ID 41 and I get no bug codes or anything. Here are my specs: Ryzen 7 3800xDark Hero VIIIRTX 2070 Super32 GB G.Skill 3600 mHzCorsair 750 Gold PSUI have recently replaced...
  7. PC randomly restarts Error ID 41

PC randomly restarts Error ID 41: For a couple months now my pc has been randomly restarting and when I look at Event Viewer it says Error ID 41 and I get no bug codes or anything. Here are my specs: Ryzen 7 3800xDark Hero VIIIRTX 2070 Super32 GB G.Skill 3600 mHzCorsair 750 Gold PSUI have recently replaced...
  8. Random restarts, Event 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restarts, Event 41: Computer reboots once every few days randomly, in Event Viewer I see Event 41 CriticalI started having these reboots when I replaced a 8 core CPU with a 12 core CPU, BIOS is updated, power supply is more than enough on paper, what could be the issue?...
  9. PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10: Hi everyone For the last few weeks I've had an issue where my PC suddenly restarts. I've tried looking for clues in event viewer but all I can find are the following: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...
  10. Event id: 41 error

Event id: 41 error: I am a poker player and it seems to happen when i play poker. Keeps showing this error. I have reinstalled windows and started from scratch and this still happens and i am not sure what to do anymore. i have ran memory tests and my system temperatures are fine so i am lost. I...