Windows 10: Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen

Discus and support Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer randomly restarts when playing games with no indication that its about to happen. There's no lag, no notifications, no blue screens, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KingKayla, May 24, 2020.

1. KingKayla Win User

Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen

My computer randomly restarts when playing games with no indication that its about to happen. There's no lag, no notifications, no blue screens, it literally just turns off the turns back on. It recently started doing this about a month ago and I am not completely sure what the problem is. At first I thought it was ventilation but there's no signs that point to it being a heat issue. I checked both the event viewer and the reliability monitor. On the event viewer, immediately before and after the restart 3 things show up: Error with an event ID of 6008, then a critical saying "computer was shut down unexpectedly, and then error with the event ID of 1101. I think it may have something to do with security but I'm not 100% sure. Help?

:)

KingKayla, May 24, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, May 24, 2020
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen :confused:*Mad Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 24, 2020
  4. Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen

Computer restarting randomly

Hi,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with your PC starting randomly. Please answer the questions below:

• When your PC restarts, are you having any error messages?
    • You said you got the computer fixed, do you remember what changes were made to the PC? Is this before changing the power supply or after?

Your response to our queries will be appreciated.

Robert Caw, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen

1. Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen - Similar Threads - Computer randomly restarts

2. Computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly restarts: I have Windows 11 installed on a new computer. It will randomly restart several times a day, and there isn't a discernable pattern to it. I've already tried many possible solutions, including a reinstall of Windows 11, BIOS update, and driver updates. I've also run numerous...
  3. computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  4. computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  5. Computer Random Restart?

Computer Random Restart?: Hello, I am having an issue when I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 580 to a SSD instead of a HDD. My computer`s screen will randomly go black and the GPU fan will spin up a lot? Any solutions?...
  6. Computer randomly restarting

Computer randomly restarting: I just got a new graphics card a gtx 1650 super, so we put in there it worked fine. the next morning however it crashed whenever anything opened. then one time I was able to open a fairly demanding game and play it for a bit then I quit the game and then it crashed my...
  7. Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash

Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash: A couple of months ago I started experiencing random reboots without warning, they occur usually 1-2 times a day. There were no BSODs or any indications of a crash such as dump files that I'm aware of. In Event Viewer I get a lot of 6008 and 41 Event IDs for unexpected...
  8. Computer randomly restart and windows setup happens, but does not reset.

Computer randomly restart and windows setup happens, but does not reset.: Just randomly on internet, then i heard text to speech in my headphones, then a restart happens and im greeted with the windows setup, i click next and my computer boots, but everything needs updates, and some are even installed, whats going on?!...
  9. Computer Restarts Randomly

Computer Restarts Randomly: This issue has been persisting for a while now and I can't quite wrap my head around it. There are certain games that have been able to cause this repeatedly while other games that should be equally if not more intensive run just fine. For example I can run Red Dead 2 at...
  10. Computer randomly restarts when idle at desktop

Computer randomly restarts when idle at desktop: Ever since I upgraded my PC back in October of 2019, occasionally my PC will restart when it's sitting idle. For example, I'll be playing a game, then I'll quit to desktop, walk to the kitchen, hear it restart, walk in and see that it had restarted. Another example is in the...