Windows 10: Computer randomly restarts onto a default wallpaper, then freezes?

Discus and support Computer randomly restarts onto a default wallpaper, then freezes? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has started restarting by itself after about 10-15 minutes of usage, and after it restarts the lock screen wallpaper is a default one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lightenthesky, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Computer randomly restarts onto a default wallpaper, then freezes?

My laptop has started restarting by itself after about 10-15 minutes of usage, and after it restarts the lock screen wallpaper is a default one. Nothing else is different, log on works fine and so do files and other applications, until after about another 10-15 minutes the computer freezes, sometimes accompanied by a loud buzzing noise, sometimes not. The only thing I can do is turn it off using the power button. When I turn it on again, I see my nornal wallpaper, by after another 10-15 minutes it restarts and the cycle repeats. I've got no idea what is wrong with it or what to do?

:)

lightenthesky, Jan 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer randomly restarts onto a default wallpaper, then freezes?

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer randomly restarts onto a default wallpaper, then freezes?

1. Computer randomly restarts onto a default wallpaper, then freezes? - Similar Threads - Computer randomly restarts

2. Windows randomly freezes and restarts computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly freezes and restarts computer: Windows 10 frequently freezes during multiple different activities and will restart the whole computer most of the time.No specific program or app seems to freeze then system and sometimes it needs to be force shutdown.This is a relatively new computer.I've done every scan,...
  3. Windows randomly freezes and restarts computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly freezes and restarts computer: Windows 10 frequently freezes during multiple different activities and will restart the whole computer most of the time.No specific program or app seems to freeze then system and sometimes it needs to be force shutdown.This is a relatively new computer.I've done every scan,...
  4. Windows randomly freezes and restarts computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.

Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  6. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  7. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  8. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Computer will randomly freeze and restart

Computer will randomly freeze and restart: Recently, my computer has been randomly freezing and restarting while playing games. There is no blue screen and no error codes or anything. When I check the reliability center it just says "Windows did not shut down properly". I have ran hard drive tests and ram tests which...
  10. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.: So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my...