Windows 10: Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Discus and support Computer randomly restarts without warning. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TylerSamuels1, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals disconnect it seems, and then restarts again, failing to repair. The loop ends when I hit a blue screen that lets me choose advanced options. I'm relatively certain that this is not a hardware issue, since I've check my RAM and run Windows Memory tests, and SMART tested my SSD. I monitor my computer temperature and nothing is overheating so I'm left to believe that it's a software issue. I reset Windows, but issues persisted. I asked for assistance and ran an SFC scan and DISM scan in safemode, but nothing there. I was told the issue might be McAfee, so I cleaned up all the leftover files from my old install then reinstalled and used Absolute Uninstaller to try and fully remove it, then went through the registry deleting things associated with McAfee. Unless I accidentally deleted some subkey with "mcafee" in it when I needed to delete the whole folder, I should be rid of mcafee, but it didn't help.

I'll drop a link to my system eventlog below if that will help. I'm not familiar with the log at all, but I noticed that immediately before most critical errors, there was an event that said something about npsvctrigsys and filecrypt. No clue if that helps, but I figured it was worth pointing out.

:)

TylerSamuels1, Oct 8, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Restarts Laptop Without Warning

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop reboots by itself randomly. We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and System File Checker tool to scan for any corruptions that may be causing your system to reboot. Kindly follow the steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the left panel.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

To run the System File Checker tool, kindly refer to this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Oct 8, 2020
  3. txacoli Win User
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.

Hi everyone

Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will restart, it just does. I wondered if it was linked to updates and I've set the system to allow me to install the updates manually, but that hasn't fixed it. I also disabled the forced update in Task Scheduler and that seemed to work for a while, but now it's happening again with monotonous regularity.

I've done Google searches on this and I can't find anything other than this page How Easily Disable The Automatic Forced Reboot after - JustPaste.it. I appear to be the only person experiencing this.

If someone can help please, I'd be so grateful. I'm being driven mad by this.
    Thanks in advance

Mark

USER-13_12_2016_184703_39.zip

txacoli, Oct 8, 2020
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer randomly restarts without warning. :confused:*Mad Computer randomly restarts without warning. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Computer randomly restarts without warning.

1. Computer randomly restarts without warning. - Similar Threads - Computer randomly restarts

2. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer randomly freezes and then restarts without any warning.

My computer randomly freezes and then restarts without any warning.: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎3/‎28/‎2021 9:50 PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 144 Parameter 1: 1020 Parameter 2:...
  6. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning: About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop restarts. This happens once almost everyday. There is some thermal throttling when it happens but the laptop doesn't seem to be...
  7. Computer keeps restarting without warning.

Computer keeps restarting without warning.: Hi, a week ago my computer started to restart without warning and i didnt know what to do, i tried everything i could, i use sfc /scannow and DISM there were no corrupted files. i have tried to uninstall latest windows updates but they just reinstalled themselves as if...
  8. Computer restarting without warning

Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  9. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...