Windows 10: Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

Discus and support Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Huskk, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Huskk Win User

Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this screenshot that shows that my computer is opening multiple instances of the same program, so possibly thats the reason? any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason [​IMG]

:)

Huskk, Aug 21, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows run slow randomly

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try our best to helps you resolve your issue.

The issue that you are facing can be due to reasons such as multiple background services running simultaneously, viruses and malware, etc. I would suggest that you perform the methods mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Method 1: Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

Method 2: Refer to the link below to optimize your system performance.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Note: Article also applies to Windows 10

Method 3:

Run a full system scan using Microsoft Safety scanner.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

Windows 10 keeps freezing randomly for no apparent reason

Hello Kawan,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are facing slow performance issues after upgrading to Windows 10.

Before proceeding as an initial recommendation, please check for the amount of hard disk space remaining, as the available free space is also responsible for Windows to run at optimal level of performance. Also, ensure to install any pending
    updates and also update all device drivers from Device Manager.

Now please follow the below methods and check for the results.

Method 1

• Place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party applications to be causing the slow down.
    1. To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called
    Clean Boot.
    Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may
    also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a
    clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
    may prevent you from following these steps.

2. To disable any 3rd party unwanted startup programs in Windows 8 and above, follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20119.how-to-enable-or-disable-startup-programs-in-windows-8.aspx

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

• Try Autorun and disable any start-up programs you don't need.
    Download Autorun: Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

Method 2

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. and see if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

1. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - Computer randomly running

2. Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason: I am going to start by saying I tried everything I could find on this online. But basically here is what happens:1. Computer works fine2. I can use the HDD that has issues generally for a while copy files to and from, etc. Work pretty fast3. Out of the blue during file...
  3. Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason: I am going to start by saying I tried everything I could find on this online. But basically here is what happens:1. Computer works fine2. I can use the HDD that has issues generally for a while copy files to and from, etc. Work pretty fast3. Out of the blue during file...
  4. Computer randomly started running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly started running slow: So my computer was running fine yesterday, i could play games, work on things, etc without the computer running slow. I leave it alone for a day and i come back today and i went to open a game and all of a sudden the FPS was horrendous, i went to go open something else to see...
  5. Computer randomly started running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly started running slow: So my computer was running fine yesterday, i could play games, work on things, etc without the computer running slow. I leave it alone for a day and i come back today and i went to open a game and all of a sudden the FPS was horrendous, i went to go open something else to see...
  6. Computer randomly started running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  8. Computer running slow for no reason | System Interrupts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running slow for no reason | System Interrupts: [ATTACH] (repost since the other one was buried) Some random ass program called "system interrupts" occasionally comes in and takes up all of my computing power. When I try to end it, it says that it will cause Windows to become unstable and shutdown. Any help, please?...
  9. Sound Randomly Stops For No Apparent Reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Randomly Stops For No Apparent Reason: My computer randomly updated to the latest version last night without any prior warning. Luckily, I didn't have anything important open at the time. When I got on, I opened Spotify like I normally do and started my music. A few seconds into the first song, the audio just cuts...
  10. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason: Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this...