Windows 10: Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...

Discus and support Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Frequently, nearly every night, if I use the start menu or timers to tell my computer to sleep, it completely shuts down, closes all apps, and I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by coreyzev, Sep 11, 2018.

1. coreyzev Win User

Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...

Frequently, nearly every night, if I use the start menu or timers to tell my computer to sleep, it completely shuts down, closes all apps, and I need to start from scratch in the morning. My system had been running fine, but this started happening after changing to a new CPU & Motherboard, and switching over to an NVME boot drive. I'm pretty sure it started before adding the new GPU.

This has been happening repeatedly:

Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to... 4ac698df-833d-4e18-b38b-4239bece857b?upload=true.jpg

Here is the "shut down unexpectedly" coding:

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Shut down unexpectedly

Date
    ‎9/‎11/‎2018 1:15 AM

Status
    Report sent

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: 9f
    Parameter 1: 3
    Parameter 2: ffffe10498dad060
    Parameter 3: ffff8a0520c378d0
    Parameter 4: ffffe1049a066960
    OS version: 10_0_17134
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_dxgkrnl!DpiRequestIoPowerState

And C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP was empty

I "literally just" turned 'hibernate' back on so we'll see if that helps.

:)

coreyzev, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Sanchezoo Win User

Desktop Shutting Down Instead of Going to Sleep

After the recent Windows 10 update, April 2017, my computer started shutting down instead of going to sleep. My settings have not changed and are still set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. When the computer was updating it did get stuck on a reboot. I had
    to shut it down manually and restart it. After I did that I rechecked for updates and it said my computer is up to date.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sanchezoo, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Sep 11, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Hello,

You may put your device to Sleep by following the steps here in

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC
    and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to... - Similar Threads - Computer randomly shuts

2. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  3. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  4. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  5. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  6. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  7. PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep: I have put my computer to sleep every night for years and all the sudden it will not go to sleep any more. When I'm done with my work, I go to start > (power icon) > sleep and the screen goes black. Usually at this point a couple seconds later the fans would stop and the...
  8. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for a while, or select sleep from the shutdown menu options. I've looked up the issue, and it seems to be fairly common, but...
  9. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  10. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.: I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes. Really apprecaite the assistance, Kilen[IMG]...