Windows 10: Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

Discus and support Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FRANKDIPIETRO, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue screen "shutting down..." Not blue screen of death. I can turn the computer right back on and it happens again. It is completely random. It will not happen for hours, then 3 times in an hour. I have run Windows Update hoping that would stop it and nothing. Ran event viewer. Came back with:"The process C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shutdown.exe DESKTOP-TVG9C2T has initiated the shutdown of computer&nbs

:)

FRANKDIPIETRO, Jun 14, 2022
  2. rhodes132 Win User

laptop randomly shutting down

i can play games now with the power cord out and it doesn't effect the performance, but the problem of overheating still occurs. For instance, i was just doing some homework yesterday and it shut down on me randomly.

rhodes132, Jun 14, 2022
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down. :confused:*Mad Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

1. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down. - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly Shuts

2. Computer randomly shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly shut down.: Hello. I was playing Beyond Blue, on a PC I just recently installed a RX 580 in, and the computer just randomly shut down. I'm trying to figure out why it happened. I'm wondering if the 450 watt PSU isn't enough. I'm using:Intel Core i7-670016GB DDR3-1600 RAMRX 580Event...
  3. Computer "randomly" shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer "randomly" shut down: Hello, I have a problem for few days with my computer.When I start it, there a two cases- Sometimes it boots correctly and let me few minutes on the desktop or doing some tasks before shutting down. The screen does not go blue no blue screen of death or classic shut down blue...
  4. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.: This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue screen "shutting down..." Not blue screen of death. I can turn the computer right back on and it happens again. It is completely...
  5. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.: This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue screen "shutting down..." Not blue screen of death. I can turn the computer right back on and it happens again. It is completely...
  6. Computer shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shutting down randomly: For the past month my Surface Pro 6 has been shutting down randomly. I've tried everything I could find but nothing works.I recently checked event viewer and found thisThe process C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe <Computername> has initiated the power off of computer...
  7. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  8. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  9. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer Shuts Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Shuts Down Randomly: So, my friend was playing an online game (Howrse.com), and this has happened to her several times. It never happens to me while i'm on my computer. I don't play games on my computer. My computer will just shut down randomly. The monitors will go black, but the PC never...