Windows 10: Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming

Discus and support Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am at a loss on this issue I'm having. I can't tell if this is software or hardware. About two weeks ago, my home built rig randomly started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lhf8, May 15, 2016.

1. lhf8 Win User

Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming

I am at a loss on this issue I'm having. I can't tell if this is software or hardware.

About two weeks ago, my home built rig randomly started doing two things it's never done before.

Firstly, while playing various games, it just completely powers down. There's no warning or anything. On some of those shut downs, it even tries to power back on but then dies again. I have to then unplug the power cable and push the power on button to get it to boot up again.

The second symptom (I don't know if they're related) is, I will be running locked 60 FPS and my frames will drop to 0 for one or two seconds and then they go straight back up to 60.

When this first started happening I did a bunch of testing, looked at temperatures and what not.

All of my temps for my CPU average around 50 C. On occasion they get up to 60. I don't think it's my CPU. I also did a few tests for my CPU and it appears there's no drop in voltage. My graphics card does get a little hot, high 70s but I don't know if GPU overheating would cause random crashes.

The next thing I thought was....failing PSU? So I just replaced my 4 year old PSU and....I still get frame drops BUT I have not had a random shut down now.

I did a full driver update as well, cleaned up any potential viruses (nothing found) and ran disk checks. All good.

So now I'm more confused *Sad Maybe the two symptoms are unrelated? Or maybe my old PSU was failing and the random frame drops caused a drop in voltage to the main board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

2. PC Randomly Shuts Down While Gaming

Please upload no more than three copies
    of your dump files that were created during the last 14 days as shared files to your OneDrive with a link here.

Dump files are usually found at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the files. To show hidden files select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S, type Folder Options in the Search box and click Folder Options in the drop down menu. Select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide
    protected operating system files
    " is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for
    the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, May 15, 2016
  3. PC Randomly Shuts Down While Gaming

So basically my PC works fine after wiping out the hard drive previously. I even have the LATEST drivers installed for my NVIDIA GeoForce graphics card. Unfortunately that is until I start gaming. Any game I play begins to work like a charm. But only for
    about 10-15 minutes before SHUTTING DOWN MY PC. I'm highly annoyed because this has just been one thing after another. Yes I use the WINDOWS 10 operation system. If anyone at all has a solution I would greatly appreciate the assistance. I suspect it could
    be the McAfee software interfering but I'm not entirely sure. I really just wish to have my PC absolutely functional once again.

I would seriously appreciate any assistance you can give me to solve my issue.

Thank you.

Redskar180, May 15, 2016
Thema:

Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming

1. Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly shuts

2. Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue: My computer has been black screening frequently while playing video games. I originally thought it was a thermal issue because most of the time the computer display simply goes black, the sound continues to work for a moment and the fans begin running at a high speed....
  3. Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue: My computer has been black screening frequently while playing video games. I originally thought it was a thermal issue because most of the time the computer display simply goes black, the sound continues to work for a moment and the fans begin running at a high speed....
  4. Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  6. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  7. Windows computer shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down while gaming: [ATTACH]While playing games on PC, if your Windows 11/10 computer shuts down automatically, then these suggestions will help you identify and troubleshoot the problem. There could be several reasons apart from the overheating, and this article explains most of the causes and...
  8. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.: Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked. Parts are - MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H New Purchase Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz Ram: 2x8 16GB DDR4 Corsair...
  9. Random shut down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down while gaming: So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following: For the Critical event (The system has...
  10. Random shut down while gaming

Random shut down while gaming: So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following: For the Critical event (The system has...