Windows 10: Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

Discus and support Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Simolic, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Simolic Win User

Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Parts are -[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H New Purchase[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Ram: 2x8 16GB DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz NewPurchase[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]PSU: EVGA 110-BQ-0600-K1 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze600W, Semi Modular[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super N166SOC-6GD 6GB,I also tried a GTX 1070 that works 100% on another system.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Just randomly shuts off when I'm playing games,I've tried to play AC:Origins and ME:Andromeda. The funny thing is that itlasts longer when I'm playing it at native 2k. Normally I play it at 1080pwhere the pc usually sits.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Here is what I've tried so far-[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Updated BIOS to the newest version F6e, andchanged the XMP profile to 1 to ramp up the RAM, I believe someone said the pcpower cycled because it was trying to find an even ground for the ram and CPUspeed.still turned off with or without profile.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Did a Superposition Benchmark test and it ranfine! I ran it at 4k and 8k just to see if it might be a heating issue.Monitored it with MSI afterburner and the temps never went above normal. Itnever turned off.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Did a Stress Test with Prime95 and the pc waschugging but the CPU never reached temps that were bad and ram stayed highusage but again, nothing happened i left it running for another 20 mins and itnever turned off.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Ran both SB and Prime95 at the same time, SBran really choppy, but again it never turned off or closed the program oranything weird, just ran supper bad.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]So I thought hmm maybe I fixed it withoutknowing. loaded into AC:Odysee and 15 mins in my PC turned off... No idea why.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Lastly I downloaded WhoCrashed, and I got[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]On Wed 2/17/2021 8:30:07 AM your computer crashed or a problem wasreported[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\NDIS-20210217-0830.dmp[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]This was probably caused by the following module: ndis.sysndis!NdisReleaseNicActive+0xB1D[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Bugcheck code: 0x15E 0x25, 0x23, 0xFFFFDC8253EFC268, 0x1010E[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Error: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER_LIVE_DUMP[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndis.sys[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]company: Microsoft Corporation[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]description: Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Bug check description: NDIS has captured a live kernel dump. NDISdoes not generate a bug check in this situation.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your systemconfiguration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by anotherdriver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I'm not sure what this means or if it hasanything related to power turning off, but it turns off regardless if i'mconnected to the internet or not.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Another thing is that the HDD runs at 100%usage after booting back up from a shutdown but if i reset it goes to normalusage. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the power turning offeither.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I know its not the temperatures because Imonitored the temps for both CPU and GPU and they never go above normal beforeshut down. I just built this system maybe 5 months back and haven't had issuesuntil 2 months ago. Before that it ran anything and everything fine, includingGTA, ME:Andromeda, Borderlands 3, and a few other games. Any Ideas would beappreciated, been banging my head all day. I have parts to swap out foreverything as I have 3 other systems that work 100% fine but nothing seems tohave worked.[/COLOR]

:)

Simolic, Feb 16, 2021

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Computer shuts down randomly

Hi Holly,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Do you get any error message/code when the before the system shuts down?

2. Does the issue happen when your performing a particular task in your computer?

For now, I would suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal
      as option.
    • Restart Computer
    Note: Follow the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

1. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game. - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly Shuts

2. Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue: My computer has been black screening frequently while playing video games. I originally thought it was a thermal issue because most of the time the computer display simply goes black, the sound continues to work for a moment and the fans begin running at a high speed....
  3. Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue: My computer has been black screening frequently while playing video games. I originally thought it was a thermal issue because most of the time the computer display simply goes black, the sound continues to work for a moment and the fans begin running at a high speed....
  4. Computer Shuts down randomly while gaming, appears to be a RAM issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  6. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  7. Random shut down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down while gaming: So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following: For the Critical event (The system has...
  8. Random shut down while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shut down while gaming: So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following: For the Critical event (The system has...
  9. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run: For some reason starting two nights ago 6/13/2020 I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not...
  10. Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming: I am at a loss on this issue I'm having. I can't tell if this is software or hardware. About two weeks ago, my home built rig randomly started doing two things it's never done before. Firstly, while playing various games, it just completely powers down. There's no...