Windows 10: Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up.

Discus and support Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the new update, my computer will randomly shut off, and it won't power back on. Sometimes it starts up only to shut down again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PartialLion, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up.

Ever since I installed the new update, my computer will randomly shut off, and it won't power back on. Sometimes it starts up only to shut down again immediately. Once I leave it for about a day, the cycle starts again. I'm able to use it for about 10 minutes, and then it will shut down. This has only started happening after the new update, but I don't know if it's related to the issue. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/PartialLion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PartialLion, Oct 29, 2019

2. Computer won't POST/boot

So nearly three months later and...

I got the PSU RMA'ed, but get what? I plug it back up, and I'm getting the same issues.

If the computer boots, usually it'll be fine for somewhere between 45 min and 7 hours. It's so random. It's turned off after about 45 min of surfing the internet, and then two days later, I play BC2 for ~7 straight hours. (before randomly turning off) Usually it's around the 2 hour mark, and it doesn't seem to be affected by what I'm doing.

But sometimes, after booting, it'll turn off even before it shows the BIOS screen.

A lot of the times it'll be stubborn and not boot. To get it powered on again, you have to, flip the PSU switch off, unplug it, and wait. Sometimes 2 min, sometimes an hour or so. Plug it back up, flip the switch on and see if it boots. If it doesn't, usually repeating these steps and waiting longer works.

WTF?

Seriously. *Wtf :wtf:

@westom: Next time the computer boots, I'll get you those numbers you wanted.

angelkiller, Oct 29, 2019
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Hi all,
    I have a 5 year old Acer Aspire m5711 and the computer sometimes boots normally but other times does not (vacuum loud fan and computer doesn't startup).

This site thread explains quite well:
    computer won't boot but has power

The problem is that it only happens sometimes but in my case the power button always lights up.

Here is my video:

Unplugging the ethernet cable and hitting power button would normally fix.

Workaround steps:
    1) I power up (result: loud fan won't boot)
    2) I shut down
    3) I unplug the motherboard ethernet cable
    4) I power up (result: loud fan won't boot)
    5) I shut down
    6) I power up (result: success)

I replaced the motherboard with a clone a few months ago but it didn't fix. *Frown Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up. :(
    What about that?
    Thanks for reading this.

4. Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up.

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up.

1. Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up. - Similar Threads - Computer randomly shuts

2. Computer Hard Shuts down randomly refuses to boot back up this in event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Hard Shuts down randomly refuses to boot back up this in event log: hi recently ive been having issues with my pc idk if its hardware or a very easy software fix after leaving my computer on for a little while it hard powers down and list a critical error in the vent log it could hard shut dowen doing anything even plugging in a usb device...
  3. Computer Hard Shuts down randomly refuses to boot back up this in event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Hard Shuts down randomly refuses to boot back up this in event log: hi recently ive been having issues with my pc idk if its hardware or a very easy software fix after leaving my computer on for a little while it hard powers down and list a critical error in the vent log it could hard shut dowen doing anything even plugging in a usb device...
  4. Computer Hard Shuts down randomly refuses to boot back up this in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC randomly shuts off & won't start up for at least an hour + Doesn't turn back on when...

PC randomly shuts off & won't start up for at least an hour + Doesn't turn back on when...: Hi there, I've tried a few different things to fix this. Below is my event viewer log.My system and hardware:Windows 10 My PC is able to run Windows 11, but I prefer Windows 10Corsair RM1000x 2021 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX PSUIntel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz...
  6. PC randomly shuts off & won't start up for at least an hour + Doesn't turn back on when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shuts off & won't start up for at least an hour + Doesn't turn back on when...: Hi there, I've tried a few different things to fix this. Below is my event viewer log.My system and hardware:Windows 10 My PC is able to run Windows 11, but I prefer Windows 10Corsair RM1000x 2021 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX PSUIntel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz...
  7. Computer randomly shuts off.

Computer randomly shuts off.: Hi everyone. My pc randomly shuts off. To get some stuff out of the way: It's not an overheating issue. Thermal paste + 6 Arctis coolers There's no dust in the pc Windows and gpu drivers are up to date Nothing is overclocked There are no viruses in the pc, windows defender...
  8. Computer is randomly freezing, shutting down, and booting back up.

Computer is randomly freezing, shutting down, and booting back up.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffffac8399b14010 Parameter 2: fffff8008bcca0d8 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 What do I do next?...
  9. My Computer randomly shuts off

My Computer randomly shuts off: Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing appears on my monitor even though The computer is clearly on, after a few minutes of being on but with a black screen my computer...
  10. Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly: So ever since I updated operating system to Windows 10, my HP Pavilion computer has been shutting down with no warning. And now my computer won't even turn on. My desktop does not overheat, the CPU and the Memory does not go over 50%, have not installed any new programs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer shutting down on its own and then doesnt boot

2. computer randomly shuts off and wont power back up

3. computer crashes and when it powers back up it is at the time of last shut down