Windows 10: Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Discus and support Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kilenmurphy, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes.

Really apprecaite the assistance,

KilenComputer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode. [​IMG]

:)

kilenmurphy, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Oliverbgn Win User

PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Apr 29, 2019
  3. my computer will not shut down or go to sleep mode

My computer will not shut down or go to sleep mode. I have a ASUS laptop and for some unknown reason I cannot it down or go on sleep mode. Can anyone advise?

saraball71, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

1. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly shutting

2. Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is an operating system that is packed with a ton of features. Many of the features are related to turning off computers in different states so that power can be saved at different levels. It lists out as [...] This post Windows computer shuts down...
  3. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  4. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  5. Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically

Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically: It seems just as of late, I'm enjoying my computer being shut down after it goes to sleep. This only happens once in a bit. It does not appear to be heating up whatsoever and all else seems to be working flawlessly. The machine is four years old but never moved off my desk....
  6. Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...: Frequently, nearly every night, if I use the start menu or timers to tell my computer to sleep, it completely shuts down, closes all apps, and I need to start from scratch in the morning. My system had been running fine, but this started happening after changing to a new CPU...
  7. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...
  8. PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode

PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode: My computer keeps shutting down after I put it into sleep mode, then when i start it back up it says that it shut down incorrectly. This does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Other times it will not go into sleep mode altogether! Interesting, I had this problem...
  9. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...
  10. Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer: Hello. After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my sleep feature quit working properly. There was a point in time a couple months back it did work, but since I hardly use it I didn't notice a problem. Recently I decided I'd start using it, and that's when I noticed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep mode vss service is shutting down