Windows 10: Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Discus and support Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kilenmurphy, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes.

Really apprecaite the assistance,

KilenComputer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode. [​IMG]

:)

kilenmurphy, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Oliverbgn Win User

PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Apr 29, 2019
  3. my computer will not shut down or go to sleep mode

My computer will not shut down or go to sleep mode. I have a ASUS laptop and for some unknown reason I cannot it down or go on sleep mode. Can anyone advise?

saraball71, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

1. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly shutting

2. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  3. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  4. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  5. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for a while, or select sleep from the shutdown menu options. I've looked up the issue, and it seems to be fairly common, but...
  7. My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.

My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nathan00023 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl4y5r/my_computer_doesnt_shut_down_hibernate_or_go_into/
  8. Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.: Event logs show it as user S-1-5-19, a non-named user account. Below is the event. This happens often. <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  9. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  10. Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly shuts down instead of going to sleep. Or shuts down after being told to...: Frequently, nearly every night, if I use the start menu or timers to tell my computer to sleep, it completely shuts down, closes all apps, and I need to start from scratch in the morning. My system had been running fine, but this started happening after changing to a new CPU...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep mode vss service is shutting down