Windows 10: Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night

Discus and support Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, First time poster. I have an active account on Windows 7 Help Forum as well. I upgraded my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bpatters69, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night

Hello All,

First time poster. I have an active account on Windows 7 Help Forum as well.

I upgraded my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 6 months ago. The installation went without a hitch and I like Windows 10. I am having an odd issue which I cannot stop. At some point in the night, my computer turns itself back on. I am not sure if this happens at the same time or not but it happens just about every morning. To stop the computer from self-starting, I have turned off the switch on the power supply.

I have tried a bunch of google searches and I have tried to implement the changes that are recommended. I have disabled everything that i can find that relates to a mouse, keyboard or network which would cause the PC to start on its own. I also disabled a feature whereby the PC will turn itself on to check for any updates. Nothing seems to work. I did contact the MOBO manufacturer and they said to reset the CMOS. I can do that but I thought it was a bit drastic. My Mobo is a ASRock Z97 Extreme6 LGA 1150.

Is there a way to look in a log to see what process or peripheral is causing the PC to turn on by itself?
    Is there anything else I can try to stop the PC from self-starting?

Thanks, Bill

:)

bpatters69, Apr 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 7, 2020
  4. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

_JP_, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night

1. Computer Randomly Starts Up during Night - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly Starts

2. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  3. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  4. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer starts at night randomly and says too many incorrect password attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer starts at night randomly and says too many incorrect password attempts: I woke up this night and saw that my computer was running. I shut it down and when I logged on this morning it said, too many incorrect password attempts, try this phrase. It said to enter something like A1B2C3 and then I could enter my password. I found this in the event...
  6. PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night: Hello all, unsure where to post this so hopefully it gets moved to the right place. I've recently upgraded my cpu and memory and every morning when I wake up, my pc has rebooted. I've followed the steps to create a zip file as requested. Winver: OS Build 19041.572 166743
  7. Computer wakes up during the night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wakes up during the night: I have a problem in connection with Windows Update. An event called Universal Orchestrator Start wakes up my laptop during the night. I tried to edit it in the event scheduler, but it is asking for username and password I dont know. I would like to find out what my password...
  8. Computers wake up at night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computers wake up at night: Right so, to start, it's windows update orchestrator that's waking it up. About fifty percent of the time I put my computers to sleep it'll wake them up at the dead of night and keep them at the lockscreen permanently until I shut the computer down. Multiple times during the...
  9. Wake up during Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...
  10. Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep: The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I made sure that my drivers do not wake up my computer in sleep. 17143

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Universal Orchestrator