Windows 10: Computer randomly stutters playing audio

Discus and support Computer randomly stutters playing audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having audio issues for the past month or so and nothing I've done seems to help. Whenever I'm listening to youtube or other audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephCurry1702, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Computer randomly stutters playing audio

Hello,

I've been having audio issues for the past month or so and nothing I've done seems to help. Whenever I'm listening to youtube or other audio sources they will randomly stutter and cause my whole computer to lag at the same time. This happens pretty frequently, with the curious exception of video games. They still suffer from the stuttering, but not nearly as much as youtube and other apps. The problem happens for all audio output, both speakers and headphones. Here's what I've tried so far:

- Reinstalled Windows 10

- Updated and reinstalled audio drivers

- Disabled audio enhancements

- SFC scan

- Changed sample rate

- Disabled HTEP in BIOS

Windows 10 version is 20H2

:)

JosephCurry1702, Mar 16, 2021
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Audio stuttering while playing online Movies

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As the audio is stuttering while streaming movies online, there should be issue with the Realtek audio drivers on your computer.

Could you please check whether you have the same issue while playing movies offline?

Refer the below mentioned troubleshooting methods and check with the result.

Method 1: In-built Troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows key + I.
      This will open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Cluck on Troubleshoot.
    4. Find Playing audio and click it to
      Run the troubleshooter.
    5. Click on Next.
    6. Then, follow the instruction popped up on the screen to complete the troubleshooter and check with the issue.

Method 2:

You can try uninstalling the audio driver and installing it from the manufacturer’s website. To uninstall the audio driver, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand
      Sound, video and game controllers
    4. Right click on Realtek Audio Driver and select
      uninstall.
    5. You will receive a prompt make sure you check the box for
      Delete the driver software.
    6. After uninstalling the driver, download the drivers from manufacturer website and install them.

Method 3: Change Audio default format to lower quality.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the
      Taskbar and click on Sounds.
    2. Click on Playback tab.
    3. Double click on the Realtek Audio Speaker to open properties.
    4. Click on Advanced
      tab.
    5. Under Default Format, use the drop-down menu to select the lower quality audio format.
    6. Click on Apply.
    7. Click on OK and check with the result.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Majorix Win User

Computer randomly stutters playing audio

Screeching And Stuttering While Playing Audio

*bump* Guys please help me, this is frustrating! I re-formatted but that didn't help either. Backgrounding an application randomly breaks the audio and sometimes stutters the mouse too!

Majorix, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Computer randomly stutters playing audio

1. Computer randomly stutters playing audio - Similar Threads - Computer randomly stutters

2. Pc stuttering when playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuttering when playing audio: I have noticed that whenever i play audio on spotify or a game in the background, and browse the web. My pc sometimes stutters and for a brief moment the audio becomes distorted.How can i fix this?...
  3. Pc stuttering when playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuttering when playing audio: I have noticed that whenever i play audio on spotify or a game in the background, and browse the web. My pc sometimes stutters and for a brief moment the audio becomes distorted.How can i fix this?...
  4. Random Stuttering When playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Stuttering When playing games: While playing games, I experience significant FPS drops, resulting in stuttering that lasts for around 10 seconds before returning to normal. I suspect this issue began after a Windows update. I attempted to troubleshoot the Windows update, and although it detected an error...
  5. Random Stuttering When playing games

Random Stuttering When playing games: While playing games, I experience significant FPS drops, resulting in stuttering that lasts for around 10 seconds before returning to normal. I suspect this issue began after a Windows update. I attempted to troubleshoot the Windows update, and although it detected an error...
  6. Computer fps and audio stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer fps and audio stuttering: Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when computers freeze then goes back to normal. It will sometimes happen once a minute or sometimes once a half hour, it varies.This...
  7. Computer fps and audio stuttering

Computer fps and audio stuttering: Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when computers freeze then goes back to normal. It will sometimes happen once a minute or sometimes once a half hour, it varies.This...
  8. Random Audio Stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Audio Stutter: So I've been having this problem for a while now,for example when I watch a youtube video and simultaneousely open a random program theres a chance my audio can stutter, or when windows is going through random processes in general (doesn't matter what it is).I'm wondering if...
  9. latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  10. Screeching And Stuttering While Playing Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Screeching And Stuttering While Playing Audio: This happens in VLC and also ingame (Call of Duty WWII for example). I tried many methods to no avail. Just to make sure, I check system usage from Task Manager and there is no shortage of resources. 104943