Windows 10: Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

Discus and support Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cshadd, Aug 16, 2015.

1. cshadd Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I made sure that my drivers do not wake up my computer in sleep.

:)

cshadd, Aug 16, 2015
  2. R15kRx Win User

Computer goes to sleep after 1 minute or so of inactivity after youtube video has ended or paused

Will try that, thanks. Also I've noticed that if I shutdown the computer, next time I turn it on and play youtube videos it WON'T go to sleep randomly, apparently this only happens when I turn on the computer after sleeping. Not sure if I made myself clear,
    in other words if I set manually my computer to sleep next time I turn it on and play youtube it will go to sleep randomly. Hope that makes sense.

R15kRx, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Network Connection Disabled

My machine stays on and running 24/7 for use at home via remote connection.

My ethernet adapter will lose connection and will not reconnect randomly (usually overnight, although it has happened during the day twice). This issue also coincides with the monitor not turning back on.

The computer is set to never go to sleep; the display will turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity.

I did not have this problem with Win 8, just since the upgrade to 10.

iprelease and iprenew commands do not resolve the LAN issue.

Jon Taylor 111, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Lange666 Win User

Great... and how if i may ask? (for those who have the same problem)

Lange666, Aug 22, 2015
  5. cshadd Win User
    Restart your computer, or do a full shutdown.

cshadd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep - Similar Threads - Computer Randomly Turns

2. Computer randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly turns off: For a while now, I have began to notice my computer randomly shutting off without any user input to do so. this can happen when I'm either running an RDP or playing games. I've searched online and I have tried methods such as Check Disk, Memory Diagnostic and System File...
  3. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  4. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  5. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  7. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  8. Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts off randomly during sleep: This has been going on for some time and I can't figure out what is going on. I thought it had something to do the Intel Driver Support software, but I've uninstalled that and it's still happening. It happened again today, checked event viewer, and it says "The computer...
  9. Computers turn on randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computers turn on randomly: I have two Dells- Optiplex 780 & 790 both running Win10-1903. I usually keep these in "Sleep" or "Hibernate" mode when I'm not using them. Well I've noticed that at random times during the night these computers will start up and run 10 minutes or so then return to Sleep or...
  10. New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On: I accidently installed the new Windows update on 8/11. When I put my computer to sleep, the screen goes black, and about 30 seconds later it comes back to life. This is especially frustrating because my huge monitor turning on while I am trying to sleep mere feet away from my...