Windows 10: Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected"

Discus and support Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ethernet has recently been turning off and on, in a matter of seconds. One second it'll be off then a moment later it will turn back on. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by {RossK}, Jul 29, 2019.

1. {RossK} Win User

Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected"

My ethernet has recently been turning off and on, in a matter of seconds. One second it'll be off then a moment later it will turn back on. I've tried everything, hoping I can find some sort of fix here.

:)

{RossK}, Jul 29, 2019

2. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Apple19# Win User
    ethernet cable disconnected

my laptop's ethernet adapter show the cable to be disconnected while it is actually plugged in. Moreover the cable doesn't lit-up now as it used to be when connected to the laptop.

Apple19#, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected"

Windows 10 restart if ethernet cable is disconnected

Windows 10 shuts down if the Ethernet cable is disconnected. Computer will restart but shuts down again (in a minute or two) if the Ethernet cable is not connected. I cannot go wireless

NathanZebrowski, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected"

1. Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected" - Similar Threads - Computer reads ethernet

2. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  3. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  4. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  6. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  7. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

8. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  9. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable: Hi, my computer's internet has been fine but when I turned my computer on today, it had no internet. When I told it to troubleshoot issues it said no ethernet cable was plugged in or that it was broken. I have not made any changes or updates recently so this is out of the...
  10. Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting: Hello everyone, Recently i pluged my ethernet cable on my pc but then i figured out it was not working, and when i looked deeper into the problem, my ethernet was always connecting and disconnecting. I tried plugging the cable on another computer and it worked so the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet connection showing disconnected

2. etnernet cable showing as disconnected