Windows 10: Computer rebooting when installing drivers

Discus and support Computer rebooting when installing drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, first up, was getting crashes with my windows 10 after installing nvidia driver 359.00, mostly crashes that recovered automatically, then started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Feldon45, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Feldon45 Win User

Computer rebooting when installing drivers

So, first up, was getting crashes with my windows 10 after installing nvidia driver 359.00, mostly crashes that recovered automatically, then started getting Blue Screens. Tried 359.06 and had the same problems. Rolled back to 358.91 which originally had been stable but after the rollback became crashy, but less than the other 2 drivers.

Had a HARD crash while playing Dragon Quest Heroes, rebooted from that and could not boot into windows whatsoever. Had to pull the card, use the motherboard video, removed the nvidia drivers entirely. I can boot into windows as long as there are no nvidia drivers while using my GTX 670. While attempting to reinstall any nvidia drivers with maybe 5% of the green bar on the installer showing it goes black screen, sits for a bit, then reboots. BIOS looks fine, windows splash comes up, not the password screen, black screen there. Tried what I could find to put the password in and get past he black screen but nothing happening.

Is there a problem with my card or my windows install? I'd rather not buy a new card but its always a pain reinstalling windows if I don't actually have to. And maybe does anyone know how to export all my windows settings if I do need to reinstall.?

:)

Feldon45, Dec 17, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Can anything go wrong if I uninstall my display adapter in safe mode?

There will be no issue with uninstalling the driver in safe mode and rebooting. When you are uninstalling the driver, check the box to remove the driver or it will simply reload when you reboot.

Yes when you reboot, the Microsoft Basic Display driver should load and you can then install the legacy driver

Either way, there will be no issue as Windows will install the device when it reboots!

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Dec 17, 2015
  3. lgkahn1 Win User
    how do I get this new N97 firmware

try pc suite on another computer .. wouldnt work on my vista version at first.. new vrsion now works..

had to remove

reboot

install

reboot

when it prompts for cable hook up and in should take 10 minutes to install all drivers..

lgkahn1, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Feldon45 Win User

Ok, found some problems on my Master Boot Record, formatted, reinstalled. Card still works fine with no drivers. Was able to install the 359.06 without a reboot, however when booting up I get the Windows splash, black screen before login screen.

Windows is fully updated which could be the problem in itself. Still wondering if its my card thats got a problem which seems unlikely if its running ok without drivers, or if its a Windows problem since it did seem to start having issues around the time of the last major Windows update.

Feldon45, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer rebooting when installing drivers - Similar Threads - Computer rebooting installing

2. Computer Always reboot when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Always reboot when playing games.: My computer always reboot when playing games.Sometimes it's a blue screen. and sometimes it closes my game.I reinstalled windows But this problem still exists.I check in Event Viewer and I found detail below.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  3. Computer Always reboot when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Always reboot when playing games.: My computer always reboot when playing games.Sometimes it's a blue screen. and sometimes it closes my game.I reinstalled windows But this problem still exists.I check in Event Viewer and I found detail below.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  4. Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer: I have inherited a network at my new job and have run in to some weird issues as I try and get it all figured out. One issue I am fighting right now is when I try and install drivers/plug-in for a signature pad on one computer. I keep getting a Feature transfer error with the...
  5. My computer reboots when i reboot manually, but when i reboot from windows 10 it shows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer reboots when i reboot manually, but when i reboot from windows 10 it shows...: Hi all, when i got my new laptop and installed latest windows 10 i cant reboot from windows at all.- PART 2, give permanent solution guys. please...
  6. My computer reboots when i reboot manually, but when i reboot from windows 10 it shows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer reboots when i reboot manually, but when i reboot from windows 10 it shows...: hi all, when i got my new laptop and installed latest windows 10 i cant reboot from windows at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-reboots-when-i-reboot-manually-but/7e410eed-2451-4165-9694-d96d82786274
  7. Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep: Hello, Hoping someone can help me out here, I have been troubleshooting this for months and am completely out of ideas. I am definitely willing to start over so I'll spare everyone the long list of things I have tried and just lay out the situation. Issue: Anytime my...
  8. Printer Driver is not installed on this computer

Printer Driver is not installed on this computer: I've installed a Xerox D125 copier on desktop however when I try to access the printer properties or printer preferences I received an error message "Printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some properties will not be accessible unless you install the printer...
  9. System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver

System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver: I don't know why it didn't do it automatically but whatever. My GPU is Intel HD 5000. I tried to install both through online drivers via Windows Update, through Intel's setup program and the zip file. My main suspicion is the Night Light feature in the new update, because I...
  10. Can't install OS! Reboot when launching installation!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install OS! Reboot when launching installation!: Hello, I have been trying for hours to install windows 10 home on my newly built PC but i can't because there is a problem. I bought the usb version since i don't have an optical drive bay. The problem: I can start the setup, but when i launch the installation my...