Windows 10: Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7

Discus and support Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem with a Dell precision tower 3620 which works fine in Windows 7. When i use Windows 10 then after every 5 minutes (exactly 5 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron Oosterwijk, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7

I have a problem with a Dell precision tower 3620 which works fine in Windows 7.

When i use Windows 10 then after every 5 minutes (exactly 5 minutes to the second) the computer reboots.

There is nothing to find in the eventviewer apart from the logs of the unexpected reboot.

I have updated all drivers by downloading them from the Dell website.

I don't know what to do next, its puzzling me for a day now.

:)

Ron Oosterwijk, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7

1. Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7 - Similar Threads - Computer reboots minutes

2. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart. However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said...
  6. 5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown: Ever since I installed the 2004 update, my computer takes at least 5 minutes to shutdown. I have monitored the running shutdown processes and the offending process seems to be the Group Policy Client. I don't believe I need this service, but I cannot disable it. I have...
  7. laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time

laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time: hi, every time i turn on or restart after 5-10 minutes there is a definite freezing for about 5-7 minutes, then it becomes totally fine. first occurred when i was watching a video on VLC, so i thought it was a problem in it , then no matter what application i have open at the...
  8. System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.

System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.: New Win10Pro PC build, Intel i9-990K, MSI MEG 2390 Ace MB, reboots once each session after 5 minute run. Stays on all day after this reboot. How do I determine cause and/or fix?...
  9. Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7

Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7: I recently updated from Windows 7 and noticed an extremely slow boot time, but I'm not sure what's causing it? I've updated my graphics drivers and I am still receiving these slow boot times. Any suggestions?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting: Hi everybody. I've installed clean Windows 10 Pro (eMachines e732). After 5-10 minutes of work it starts to be irresponsible: browser doesn't load pages (infinite loading) but still can create new tabs. start menu doesn't open. windows explorer does not open on 'win+e'...