Windows 10: computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

Discus and support computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my computer reboots after shutting down with mouse...I have done the SFC/Scannow and the DISM scan both came up ok....I have changed all power/sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fishingpoint, Aug 22, 2020.

1. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

my computer reboots after shutting down with mouse...I have done the SFC/Scannow and the DISM scan both came up ok....I have changed all power/sleep settings to NEVER and I unchecked FAST START UP...Windows are updated and HP don't have any updates for this computer anymore...any ideas folks

:)

fishingpoint, Aug 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro will Not shutdown, always reboots.

I understand this issue has been posted for other OS' and for the Win 10 Tech Preview. This thread, however, relates to a final release of the Windows 10 OS.

How do I stop the system from rebooting when I select Shut Down?

Hardware = Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 3306G3U

Windows 10 Pro, regardless of method used to shutdown the computer will always reboot.

• Click Start, Power, Shut down = reboot
    • Right click Start, Shut down or sign out, shut down = reboot
    • Command line shut down = reboot
    • Power button shut down = reboot
    Other threads have suggested uninstalling Intel Management Engine, Intel Security, Intel Rapid storage. Someone also suggested turning off fast boot. Finally, another suggestion I found was Disable Intel Management Interface in device manager. I have
    done all of the above and the computer still reboots.

Does anyone have this issue? Has anyone found a solution? I typically see MS reps on here suggest safe mode, then some other method of stopping services not related to MS because they always believe it isn't the OS or MS developers. I believe this time
    it is an OS flaw. Prove me wrong.

Pics below show I fave fast boot OFF, do issues in Device manager, and my OS edition.

FYI, this was a clean install from a USB drive.

computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10 4542936b-f220-4a23-b017-cec7e77716da.jpg

computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10 ee13451a-fd84-4f92-86c0-7760b8b84137.jpg

computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10 0a370471-e4da-48d5-a244-ec4d15f76be5.jpg

MidniteSun0315, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2020
  4. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, cursor is disappeared while trying to shutdown the computer

Hi Hana,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Let’s try to shut down the computer from log-in screen and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + L and keep tapping
      Tab key
      on the keyboard.
    • Once it select shutdown option hit enter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the mouse driver manually and check if this helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device driver and select
      Up-date.

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    If the above steps did not helps to fix the issue, try the below steps.

Step 3.

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer and download the latest updated mouse driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. Post us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

1. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10 - Similar Threads - computer reboots shutdown

2. Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...: Hi All,I've got an issue with my laptop that I'm told might be hardware related, but I'm unsure if it is windows-associated and thought I'd check here. When I turn off the Laptop via the 'Shut Down' option in the start menu, it will continue to idle even once the screen goes...
  3. Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...: Hi All,I've got an issue with my laptop that I'm told might be hardware related, but I'm unsure if it is windows-associated and thought I'd check here. When I turn off the Laptop via the 'Shut Down' option in the start menu, it will continue to idle even once the screen goes...
  4. Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown: Hello, a brief introduction is necessary here.I'm a system/server engineer, web designer, tech admin and several other things. I built my own pc, wired my network and so on, I dare to say I'm not exactly the average user, so I beg you not to give me "restart everything" "you...
  5. Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown: Hello, a brief introduction is necessary here.I'm a system/server engineer, web designer, tech admin and several other things. I built my own pc, wired my network and so on, I dare to say I'm not exactly the average user, so I beg you not to give me "restart everything" "you...
  6. Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted: My Windows 10 PC has connected to the APC UPs and not turning on after shut down the PC and when I turn the UPS on. I have to turn the computer on manually by pressing the PC power button. In Bios , ALWAYS ON and WAKE ON LAN options are active. I did follow the APC UPS...
  8. Shutdown: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8040da121be, 0xffffa58b99b0e560, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 6a11bc65-c6b6-447e-9cf4-29b01dee8567. This was the blue screen...
  9. Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reboots after shutdown: Hello, Just after the recent update my laptop started rebooting after I shut it down, or put it to sleep. Which is not very helpful. Have taken to unplugging it and closing the lid so the battery dies. I have read about this happening since about 2017 for others and there...
  10. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...