Windows 10: Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

Discus and support Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I sometimes wake the computer up from hybrid sleep, it reboots constantly until I would turn off the PSU and turn it on back again and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DodoGTA, Mar 12, 2017.

1. DodoGTA Win User

Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

When I sometimes wake the computer up from hybrid sleep, it reboots constantly until I would turn off the PSU and turn it on back again and then I power on my PC and it boots normally

Why is this issue happening?

:)

DodoGTA, Mar 12, 2017

2. Activation of WindowsDefaultLockScreen failed: eventID 3864 and 3863

I fixed this by enabling hibernation (thus deactivating hybrid sleep), rebooting - which temporarily lost the boot partition, then rebooting again (partition now found), then re-enable hybrid sleep. It has been OK ever since. Always wakes up properly after
    sleep with no blank screen.

SteveCronin, Mar 12, 2017
  3. burt_ie Win User
    Hybrid sleep and hibernation case PC to crash upon wake Windows 10

I had this problem when Windows 8 was new (but never had it with 8.1) and now it looks like it is back with W10.

My PC was fine up until about 2 days ago, it would go into hybrid sleep and wake with no problems but now every time I try to wake my PC the LED's, mouse and keyboard turn on but then it crashes and reboots.

I tried removing and re-installing drivers, downloading them from the manufacturers websites instead of windows update but the problem remains.

I think I've narrowed down where the problem comes from and it appears to be the hybrid sleep option, disabling it and just using sleep works as expected, but if I try to use hybrid sleep. it happens again. I also tried enabling hibernation and that also crashes
    when waking up, so I assume there is a problem with the hibernation feature.

burt_ie, Mar 12, 2017
  4. Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

Hi DodoGTA. Welcome to the TenForums @DodoGTA

Some devices don't support this sleep state well. It is likely a driver but it could be something more basic with Motherboard.

Myself I would disable Hybrid sleep in Power Options.

You can run an energy report to see if it may give a hint as to the issue. Yours is not so much a sleeping issue, rather it sounds like yours is a waking issue. Some items in report never seem to get resolved but you never know it might just provide a meaningful tidbit.

At a Command Prompt (admin) type the following command
    powercfg /energy /output %userprofile%\desktop\Energy.html

(There is a space between the word output and the percent sign.) This will put the energy html report on your desktop. Double click to open.

You might also open the event viewer and look around the exact time you woke your machine. I think the events should be logged right around Event 107, "The system has resumed from sleep". I say around as your issue may be before the system actually records the awaken or it might be after. Hopefully there will be some solid info that you can use to move forward with.

Me, I can be lazy when I want to be, I disabled Hybrid and hibernation.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 12, 2017
  5. DodoGTA Win User
    When this problem happens, the motherboard's lights turn on for longer than usual

DodoGTA, Mar 12, 2017
  6. Did you shut off Hybrid sleep in advance power options?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2017
  7. DodoGTA Win User
    Now I'm trying to get this problem again (obviously, with hybrid sleep enabled)

DodoGTA, Mar 14, 2017
  8. Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

1. Disconnect any wireless devices, such as wireless USB mouse, Bluetooth device.
    2. Make sure that you have compatible drivers for the hardware on your computer. This is one of the main reasons which causes improper hibernate and which results in computer restart.

robertosburn, Mar 14, 2017
  9. DodoGTA Win User
    1. I don't have any wireless devices connected to my PC
    2. I'm using drivers that came with Windows 10

DodoGTA, Mar 14, 2017
  10. I may not be understanding. If I read post 5 correctly the problem goes away if you disable Hybrid sleep, is that correct?

and now you are trying to recreate with Hybrid back on.

Caledon Ken, Mar 14, 2017
  11. DodoGTA Win User
    I never disabled Hybrid sleep to see if that problem goes away with it disabled (I never disabled Hybrid sleep on my PC)

DodoGTA, Mar 14, 2017
  12. Oh, okay. Then is is still happening?

If so did you run energy report? Did you look inside event viewer for items when this occurs?

Caledon Ken, Mar 14, 2017
  13. DodoGTA Win User

I think no

DodoGTA, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep - Similar Threads - Computer reboots constantly

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  3. Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep

Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep: After fixing my old problem of a driver state power failure, I've been getting BSOD's after waking my computer up from sleep. The BSOD screen is too pixelated to read and I dont know exactly what could be wrong. I have the DMP file from today. To fix this BSOD I've just...
  4. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  5. Computer reboots instead of waking up from Sleep/Hibernate mode

Computer reboots instead of waking up from Sleep/Hibernate mode: When I put my notebook (ASUS N750JK) to sleep at the end of the day, the next morning it reboots instead of waking up. Every time it happens, the Event Log shows a Critical Event (KernelPower, Event ID 41, I have a log file). It has been happening consistently for the past...
  6. Computer Constantly Wakes up from Sleep

Computer Constantly Wakes up from Sleep: It seems that I'm still not the only one with this issue. My computer will wake up from sleep mode ALL THE TIME. If I leave the laptop open, a bright screen will wake me up in the middle of the night. If I keep it closed it'll be fully on and running when I open it up the...
  7. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  8. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  9. Computer wakes up from sleep.

Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  10. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...