Windows 10: Computer reboots in the middle of gaming

Discus and support Computer reboots in the middle of gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, so I've done a bit of research and I only saw some 2018-2020 articles on this. My computer will restart at any give moment playing intensive vr... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CaidenN, Jul 22, 2021.

1. CaidenN Win User

Computer reboots in the middle of gaming

Hi, so I've done a bit of research and I only saw some 2018-2020 articles on this. My computer will restart at any give moment playing intensive vr games. I just recently swapped my ram so I'm wondering if that may be the issue, on the other hand I'm wondering if my graphics card is failing. Can anyone tell me how to check and find out which component is causing this issue Here are my specs: CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB x4 GPU: GeForce® GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Baseboard: ASRock Z390 Pro4 Thanks!

:)

CaidenN, Jul 22, 2021
  2. markweatherill, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Computer reboots in the middle of gaming

Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Computer reboots in the middle of gaming

1. Computer reboots in the middle of gaming - Similar Threads - Computer reboots middle

2. Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.: Lately I've been having some issues where my PC will just randomly restart while playing some games; no blue screen just.. screen goes black then I'm at my boot screen. I've tried to troubleshoot many issues without success. Updated and reinstalled every possible driver...
  3. Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.: Lately I've been having some issues where my PC will just randomly restart while playing some games; no blue screen just.. screen goes black then I'm at my boot screen. I've tried to troubleshoot many issues without success. Updated and reinstalled every possible driver...
  4. Computer is rebooting while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is rebooting while gaming: I check the event viewer and this is what I found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffa70b3abe9010, 0xfffff8072fdd3ac0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. Computer is rebooting while gaming

Computer is rebooting while gaming: I check the event viewer and this is what I found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffa70b3abe9010, 0xfffff8072fdd3ac0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. Having random reboots in the middle of some games Kernal-Power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having random reboots in the middle of some games Kernal-Power 41: I have been troubleshooting this for days and cant figure out what the issue is. I cant get through a full game of madden or 45 min of Satisfactory without my NEW computer build randomly freezing the screens and rebooting. I have looked online and there are too many different...
  7. Having random reboots in the middle of some games Kernal-Power 41

Having random reboots in the middle of some games Kernal-Power 41: I have been troubleshooting this for days and cant figure out what the issue is. I cant get through a full game of madden or 45 min of Satisfactory without my NEW computer build randomly freezing the screens and rebooting. I have looked online and there are too many different...
  8. Computer Reboot after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Reboot after closing a game: Recently whenever I have closed games, mainly Apex Legends and Overwatch, my PC has rebooted after closing them. I looked at similar issues from other users and ran a memory check as one of them was instructed however it told me nothing was wrong with memory. I am struggling...
  9. Rebooted in middle of 4 hour render.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooted in middle of 4 hour render.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffd6047f536220, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff801156887c5, 0x0000000000000002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebooted-in-middle-of-4-hour-render/51570f4d-c826-49d3-94c4-52948262ebeb
  10. Game is freezing/rebooting computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game is freezing/rebooting computer.: So I have this bizarre issue where one game (Guild Wars 2) seems to cause my computer to either reboot or freeze completely. By default it reboots on system failure. Currently, I have to set not to do that so it freezes. I've had this problem for about 4 months now and the...