Windows 10: computer recognized on my printer

Discus and support computer recognized on my printer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how do I have my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M479fdw printer re-recognize my HP desktop computer on windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by phyllisjohnson1, Dec 1, 2019.

1. computer recognized on my printer

how do I have my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M479fdw printer re-recognize my HP desktop computer on windows 10?

:)

phyllisjohnson1, Dec 1, 2019

2. computer not recognizing printer

Hi Dawn,

A printer may not work properly if the device drivers are not updated. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating the device drivers?
    • Are you getting an error message/code when trying to use the printer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 1, 2019
  3. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Dec 1, 2019
  4. computer recognized on my printer

usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile computer recognized on my printer :)

zarathustra2012, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

computer recognized on my printer

1. computer recognized on my printer - Similar Threads - computer recognized printer

2. my computer does not recognize the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  3. my computer does not recognize the printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  4. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  5. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  6. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. computer does not recognize Kodak printer

computer does not recognize Kodak printer: computer does not recognize my Kodak Verite 55 Plus Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-does-not-recognize-kodak-printer/cfb43006-5595-4186-856e-13f3c184f155
  8. PRINTER CONNECTION-my computer no longer recognizes my printer although the print box...

PRINTER CONNECTION-my computer no longer recognizes my printer although the print box...: three days ago I could not connect my desktop to the printer. when I click on print a box opens and state that it does not recognize the printer although the "print Box" highlights my printer. How do I correct this problem?...
  9. Printer not recognized

Printer not recognized: How do I install an old printer on a new Windows 10 ThinkPad? The printer is an HP LaserJet 2200. Windows can't find it, even when I tell it to search for an older printer....
  10. Computer won't recognize printer

Computer won't recognize printer: I am having a problem with my computer not recognizing that my printer is installed. I have gone through all the uninstall and reinstall procedures for the printer numerous time, but when I try to send to printer, it tells me the printer is not installed. GRRRR Can anyone...