Windows 10: Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones

Discus and support Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to record some piano from my electric piano, so i plugged in my aux cord into my headphone/headset jack. But the problem is, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ninjacado, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Ninjacado Win User

Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones

I am trying to record some piano from my electric piano, so i plugged in my aux cord into my headphone/headset jack. But the problem is, my computer only recognizes my aux cord as headphones. How can I change it from headphones to a microphone? I've tried updating the drivers and everything! I've gone through every audio setting, but nothing is working!

:)

Ninjacado, Sep 13, 2020

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Sep 13, 2020
  3. headphones/aux

when I use headphones or aux my sound drops and the sound is still at 100%

DakotaConnelly, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Hello,

I recently got a new headset with a mic, as i have been using an external mic that was separate from my old headphones and was really old and dodgy. The new headset i got was the Plantronics Rig Flex LX. It has really good sound quality and everything works well on my Xbox. However, when i went to use it on my computer, the computer will recognize the headset as a playback device, but doesnt recognize it as a recording device.

I have updated all of my drivers and tried plugging my headset into all of the 3 audio jacks (one for microphones, one for headphones, one for combination) but it still doesnt work.

Does anyone know a solution?

Aaeeschylus, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones

1. Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones - Similar Threads - Computer recognizing Aux

2. Windows 11 Recognizing headphones but not microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Recognizing headphones but not microphone: I'm using Windows 11 on a laptop. I have a Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gen 2, which are of course, headphones and they have a microphone on them. They use a headphone jack. I want to use the microphone in gaming, but it isn't showing up anywhere and won't work when I try playing...
  3. Windows 11 Recognizing headphones but not microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Recognizing headphones but not microphone: I'm using Windows 11 on a laptop. I have a Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gen 2, which are of course, headphones and they have a microphone on them. They use a headphone jack. I want to use the microphone in gaming, but it isn't showing up anywhere and won't work when I try playing...
  4. Headset Aux input not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Aux input not recognized: Hi,I use Dell Inspiron 3543 and recently purchased Alcatroz X Craft HP Gold bluetooth headset, It supports bluetooth 4.0 and I have paired it to the laptop, but when I use the microphone of the headset, the sound gets distorted, which is how wireless headsets work, but when I...
  5. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?: Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay! What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help! Mein externes Mikro von Kopfhörer wird nicht erkannt?
  6. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  7. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  8. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  9. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  10. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

My headphones microphone isnt recognized: When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from...