Windows 10: Computer refuses to boot up

Discus and support Computer refuses to boot up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I was working on homework whenever my HP laptop decided it needed to restart itself out of the blue. When it restarted and tried to updat,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PCundiff1, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Computer refuses to boot up

Last night I was working on homework whenever my HP laptop decided it needed to restart itself out of the blue. When it restarted and tried to updat, the update failed and then it stuck me in the automatic repair loop. I HAVE to get my work done before Tuesday or I’ll drop a whole letter grade in one of my classes, but I don’t have a windows disc or anything to help reboot. I’ve tried everything I can to do it without the disc but this dumb computer just wont cooperate. Someone please help!

submitted by /u/PCundiff1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PCundiff1, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Darkleoco Win User

Computer refuses to boot

All of a sudden after opening up my computer to remove one of my ram sticks to check the timings on it after replacing it and powering on from a cold start my computer will not boot and does not show any picture on the screen, it starts up with all of the fans going but then it shuts off after 10-15 seconds, what troubleshooting steps should i take???

*Cry :cry:

Darkleoco, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Computer refuses to boot up

computer refuses to turnoff

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods:

Method 1

Perform Clean Boot

Clean boot is performed to check if any third party application is causing the issue.

Please follow the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after Clean boot troubleshooting".

Method 2

I suggest you to uncheck "Turn on fast start up” and check if it helps.Please follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in
      search bar. Select the Power Options.
    • click the link at the left column which says Choose what the power buttons do.
    • click on the link Change Settings that are currently unavailable
    • You will notice that the User Account Control is waiting for your permission, click
      Yes and grant it.
    • On the System Settings window, get down to the last section of
      Shutdown settings.
    • uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • And then click on Save changes button.

If issue persists,

Method 3

I suggest you to create a shortcut for shutdown in desktop and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on new.
    • Click on create shortcut.
    • Type Shutdown.exe -s -t 00 in the text box.
    • Click on finish.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer refuses to boot up

1. Computer refuses to boot up - Similar Threads - Computer refuses boot

2. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  3. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  4. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  5. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  6. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer refusing to boot normally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refusing to boot normally: My computer is refusing to boot. Whenever it gets to the Windows logo screen the loading icon starts to lag then eventually freezes. I can boot into safe mode but not into normal Windows. If it matters, I'm running Windows 10 Build 2004. My CPU is a Ryzen 3 2200G, and my GPU...
  8. Computer refuses to boot into Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer refuses to boot into Windows.: I will have to recap my entire situation: Apparently a week ago there was a power outage, as my PC (still functional at that time) was still on. As I turned on my PC, it would never boot into windows, but instead send me to the bios, where I was suggested to play around...
  9. Computer refuses to boot

Computer refuses to boot: My computer turns on and then reboots before it gets to the windows boot screen and continues doing that until it is shut down. Before that I had a BSOD and then it restarted and started automatic repairs. It rebooted and there is the problem it does not boot. The BSOD said...
  10. Windows refuses to boot up

Windows refuses to boot up: Whenever I try to boot up my laptop,this pops up: log file E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I don't know what the issue stems from or if/how to fix it.Does anybody know?...