Windows 10: Computer refusing to boot normally

Discus and support Computer refusing to boot normally in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer is refusing to boot. Whenever it gets to the Windows logo screen the loading icon starts to lag then eventually freezes. I can boot into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itzachaoza, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Computer refusing to boot normally

My computer is refusing to boot. Whenever it gets to the Windows logo screen the loading icon starts to lag then eventually freezes. I can boot into safe mode but not into normal Windows.

If it matters, I'm running Windows 10 Build 2004. My CPU is a Ryzen 3 2200G, and my GPU is an MSI GTX 1050 Ti SC.

submitted by /u/itzachaoza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itzachaoza, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Darkleoco Win User

Computer refuses to boot

All of a sudden after opening up my computer to remove one of my ram sticks to check the timings on it after replacing it and powering on from a cold start my computer will not boot and does not show any picture on the screen, it starts up with all of the fans going but then it shuts off after 10-15 seconds, what troubleshooting steps should i take???

*Cry :cry:

Darkleoco, Jul 14, 2020
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Computer refusing to boot normally

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Computer refusing to boot normally

1. Computer refusing to boot normally - Similar Threads - Computer refusing boot

2. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  3. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  4. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  5. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  6. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer refuses to boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refuses to boot up: Last night I was working on homework whenever my HP laptop decided it needed to restart itself out of the blue. When it restarted and tried to updat, the update failed and then it stuck me in the automatic repair loop. I HAVE to get my work done before Tuesday or I’ll drop a...
  8. Computer refuses to boot into Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer refuses to boot into Windows.: I will have to recap my entire situation: Apparently a week ago there was a power outage, as my PC (still functional at that time) was still on. As I turned on my PC, it would never boot into windows, but instead send me to the bios, where I was suggested to play around...
  9. Computer refuses to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to boot: My computer turns on and then reboots before it gets to the windows boot screen and continues doing that until it is shut down. Before that I had a BSOD and then it restarted and started automatic repairs. It rebooted and there is the problem it does not boot. The BSOD said...
  10. Refusal to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refusal to boot: I first tried to install Windows 10 to a new ssd in a system with a hard drive that already has windows 8.1 on it. After the install it booted to the flash drive that had the install on it again. I removed that and it failed to boot. I cannot select the ssd in the boot device...