Windows 10: Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls

Discus and support Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have an XPS 13 9365. Manufactured in 2017. Windows 10, 64 bit. BIOS 1.5.0. Processor i7 CPU @ 1.3 GHz, 16gb ram I have had trouble in both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eric_418, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Eric_418 Win User

Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls

Hello!

I have an XPS 13 9365. Manufactured in 2017. Windows 10, 64 bit. BIOS 1.5.0. Processor i7 CPU @ 1.3 GHz, 16gb ram

I have had trouble in both Google Meet as well as Zoom in having sustained conversations without having my computer freeze up. It usually happens every 5 minutes or so. The connection will either slow down, become very delayed, cut out, or get very crackly to the point where it hurts my ears. Occasionally in these moments it says, "internet connection unstable," though this message only happens maybe every 1 out of 10 times I encounter the problem. As it progresses, it slowly gets worse until my entire computer will become unresponsive for at least 30 seconds or so. At that point, I leave the meeting and go back in which usually fixes the problem, though only for another 3 minutes until it happens again.

THIS IS VERY KEY:

I found a short term solution for this problem but don't know why it works. When I cancel the internet audio on video calls and dial in with my phone instead, it works. I use my phone for audio and computer for video. This worked great but is not a long term solution because when I speak, people don't see my picture come up, they see my phone. I don't want to keep having to use this solution. Also, their is a delay between audio and video when I do this and it bothers me. I paid a lot of money for this lighting fast computer and am very disappointed that it can't handle basic video calls.

Things I wonder about and seem off but I don't understand:

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation takes up 20%+ of my CPU usage only when in video calls

Chrome takes 50% plus of my CPU usage, also only when in video calls

These numbers are exceptionally high, correct? The tech guy at my company looked at my computer and said, "Everything seems normal and in place so I have no idea why this problem is occurring."

Things I have tried:

- Before you recommend updating all my drivers, please know that everyone and their grandma has told me to do this so YES I HAVE UPDATED ALL MY DRIVERS ALREADY

- Testing my internet speed. It is very fast and not the problem. Additionally, none of my roommates have a problem with this

- Reinstalling audio drivers

Things I wonder about:

- A reliable computer whiz told me that the XPS 13 has notoriously bad WIFI connections. I have experienced this to be true, I think. Can anyone else confirm? Could this possibly be the problem, even though my internet is confirmed to be fast?

- I have forever and always had audio problems with this computer. Various kinds in various ways at various times. Sound disappearing, audio crackling, videos freezing, plugging in headphones messing everything up, etc. Ive seen it all. What are the odds that its a hardware problem with my computer? Or maybe just a curse?!?!

Note: In your responses I am not a computer whiz and will need a lot of details in your recommendations on how to proceed. Thank you so much!

:)

Eric_418, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    lumia phone freezes when call goes to voice mail

Hello Dave:

Thank you for posting to the forum. It sounds very much like there may be a hardware issue at the heart of this phone freezing. We have a couple suggestions for you before we settle on this being the best course of action.

First, we suggest you perform a soft reset of your phone. There may be two options to perform this:

• If you are able to remove the battery, simply pull the battery from the phone for about 45 seconds, replace and restart the phone.
    • There are series of buttons that will allow you to perform this process. This is different depending on the model of phone you have. We suggest you confirm with Nokia the proper steps for your phone,
      http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/.
    If you continue to have this issue after performing the above steps try the following:

• Check your Bluetooth settings and turn off if set to on.
    • If you have an SD or SIM card in the phone try removing this and verifying that the issue continues.
    • Start removing applications currently installed on your phone. There is a chance that an application on the phone is causing some conflict causing the phone to freeze. I might start with apps related to chat or calling services.
    • If you have the Nokia diagnostics app on the phone try running this. After this completes verify that the issue continues.
    If the issue continues the last resort step is to perform a
    hard reset of the phone.
    Before you consider this we would like you to make sure that all media is backed up to your computer. The steps to reverse sync to the computer are as follows:

• Connect your phone to a computer running the Zune software.
    • Click on the word phone.
    • Select the music, videos, pictures or podcast heading above the picture of the phone.
    • Select the content from the phone, appears to the right, and drag it to the computer icon.
    • Perform this process for all media types.
    There are some other side effects to this process and that is why this is the last step before discussing a replacement with the manufacturer. Text message history will not be saved, important messages can be copied and pasted into an email. Game progress
    and scores will be reset. If this is necessary, you reset by tapping settings > about > reset phone.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Sep 18, 2020
  4. Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls

3G VIDEO CALL CONNECTIVITY

Pl. list out the steps to be followed in order to make3G video calls by my new N8 phone (bought from Thailand) and using in Sri lanka.

senavirathnagg, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls

1. Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls - Similar Threads - Computer repeatedly freezing

2. Skype video freezing during call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype video freezing during call: Skype video keeps freezing during a call from UK to BC Canada.Always had a issue with skype and even now with Fibre Broadband of 23Mbps using wifi or ethernet of 26Mbps, fully updated. No matter whether my VPN is used or not using a HP laptop.The canadian connection using...
  3. Skype video freezing during call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype video freezing during call: Skype video keeps freezing during a call from UK to BC Canada.Always had a issue with skype and even now with Fibre Broadband of 23Mbps using wifi or ethernet of 26Mbps, fully updated. No matter whether my VPN is used or not using a HP laptop.The canadian connection using...
  4. Background music disappears during video calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background music disappears during video calls: I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11 and I've noticed a strange problem while on calls on Skype and Discord.I like to play movies over Skype with my parents so we can spend time together when we don't see each other but since getting the new laptop the movie will...
  5. Background music disappears during video calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background music disappears during video calls: I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11 and I've noticed a strange problem while on calls on Skype and Discord.I like to play movies over Skype with my parents so we can spend time together when we don't see each other but since getting the new laptop the movie will...
  6. Video during calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video during calls: Why can't I see the video from my working camera in my Skype Profile. Consequently, no one can ever see me in a Skype call. I'm running Window 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-during-calls/4de28abd-7e91-4e1e-ac40-38ac826b7f04
  7. Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly: Hi Guys/Girls. First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years. So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights...
  8. Computer freezes during update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes during update: I just reinstall my system and I install windows 10 (1809) During the automatic update (to 1909) my computer just freezes. I can't even restart it because it freezes during the loading. All I can do is to run troubleshooting options and run in safe mode. The problem is that I...
  9. Computer freezing during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during game: Hello all, I have recently started having issues whilst playing The Witcher 3. Everything is fine for a short period of time after which my monitors will turn off for a short time before turning back on after which the game is frozen. This only started occurring recently....
  10. Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have found 1 very annoying problem, any time a small video plays on a website in any browser my computer completely freezes. I cant move the mouse pres Ctrl, Alt Del. nothign works i have to hard reboot my PC. 1st i...