Windows 10: Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.

Discus and support Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradEgelston, May 22, 2020.

1. Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.

Hey everyone,

I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I'm 99.9% sure it's not a case of anything actually disconnecting. Mouse and external drives are staying connected and these "fits" only occur after the computer has been sitting idle for an hour or so. Only the removal sound plays and never the re-connect USB sound.

I ran Process Monitor and filtered for any actions that were activating that Windows Hardware Remove.wav file and got the following results:

Google Drive link

Unfortunately, it all looks like French to me. I have no idea where to dig and what needs fixed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Let me know if any other details are required, and thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

System info:

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362

12 GB Ram

Intel Core i5-9400 2.90GHz

:)

BradEgelston, May 22, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

wireless headphone connected but sound disconnecting repeatedly

Hi Armyn,

There are various factors why sound may disconnect while using wireless headphone. It can be due to outdated sound drivers or corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried updating you sound drivers?
    • Have you tried using another headphone and check if the issue still persist?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

Let us know if this works for you and if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 22, 2020
  3. In-game device disconnection sound

Hi Timur,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. What is the make and Model of your computer?

2. Since when are you facing this issue?

3. Did you try installing all the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer's website?

I would like to inform you that this issue you are facing might be due to Sound settings on your computer. So I would suggest you to follow below steps to make changes in Sound Settings and check.

• In search, type Sound and hit Enter.
    • From the bottom panel click on Sounds.
    • Under Program Events, look for Device Connect, Disconnect and Failed to Connect.
    • Choose one option at a time and from the sounds option choose none.
    Check if you still come across the sound.

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, May 22, 2020
  4. Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.

Device disconnect beep repeats in windows 10

Hi Andi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you get the device disconnected sound? If so, can you provide us the exact error message?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • Are there any devices connected to your computer?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Click and run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.
    We also recommend that you check all the cables connected to your computer if it is properly plugged in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.

1. Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound. - Similar Threads - Computer repeatedly making

2. Windows Hardware Remove Wave Device Disconnect: Solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hardware Remove Wave Device Disconnect: Solution: I'm posting this because I could not find any direct solutions that were specific to my issue. The following is my issue and troubleshooting course of action:The last several mornings when booting up, I've been welcomed with the occasional Windows Hardware Remove.wav. A quick...
  3. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  4. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  5. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps

Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. This...
  7. Repeated Device Removal sound

Repeated Device Removal sound: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I...
  8. Repeated Device Removal sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeated Device Removal sound: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I...
  9. Computer making USB Disconnect Sound Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer making USB Disconnect Sound Randomly: So my desktop computer has just recently started, on random, making the sound windows makes when a USB device is unplugged. This happens made every half hour but it's random and not triggered by me doing anything. The weird part is that all USB devices seem to be working...
  10. Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly: I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10. I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent. I have noticed a few things - In task manager the...