Windows 10: Computer reset =broken keyboard and false log in

Discus and support Computer reset =broken keyboard and false log in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer has been having issues recently, so I decided to reset it. When I reset my system it opened up with a user I have no memory of ever using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexisCanet, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Computer reset =broken keyboard and false log in

My computer has been having issues recently, so I decided to reset it. When I reset my system it opened up with a user I have no memory of ever using called "DUST"

Every password i enter is incorrect and the security questions are of no help. To make things worse my keyboard stopped functioning after the reset. I'm going to replace it and see if i can make use of it through safe mode.

Also my computer power button has never been on the start up icon. What is wrong with my version of Windows 10??

:)

AlexisCanet, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Feb 24, 2020
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Computer reset =broken keyboard and false log in

Cannot log in to my windows 10 computer

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on logging in to your computer after the
    Windows 10
    update, may we know the following information:

• Which log on screen are your referring to? Is it the computer or on the
      Windows
      page?
    • What is the exact error message?
    • What changes have you done to your keyboard?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll wait for your reply.

Christian Mart, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Computer reset =broken keyboard and false log in

1. Computer reset =broken keyboard and false log in - Similar Threads - Computer reset =broken

2. Log in page is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log in page is broken: Whenever I restart my laptop it shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-page-is-broken/f351f22f-5332-4090-91db-c11b2970a941
  3. Log in page is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in page is broken: Whenever I restart my laptop it shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-page-is-broken/f351f22f-5332-4090-91db-c11b2970a941
  4. Log in page is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  6. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  7. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset: Hello everyone, i have an issue and i've run out of ideas to solve it I recently had to reset my computer to factory settings as it had somehow deleted it's own desktop and became unusable. The computer is now displaying the log in screen, with the only option being "Other...
  9. Log in screen broken?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in screen broken?: Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me I boot up my laptop and when it gets to the login screen (the screen with the time and date just before you can enter your password) when I press a button and the screen slides up to reveal my account name and the section to enter...
  10. Reset my computer and cant log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my computer and cant log in: I reset my computer and it stopped half way throu and now i cant log on to reset it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-my-computer-and-cant-log-in/8fe0ad6a-3511-4afb-b220-63c94d388d9c