Windows 10: Computer reset failed and locked me out.

Discus and support Computer reset failed and locked me out. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taylor Matthew, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." This is my only account on this computerI have tried to reset it again from the shift+restart troubleshoot options and tried to restore but I do not have a restore point. I have used the command prompts from here: https://operating-systems.wonderhowto.com/how-to/cre

:)

Taylor Matthew, Jun 24, 2022

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 24, 2022
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Computer reset failed and locked me out.

1. Computer reset failed and locked me out. - Similar Threads - Computer reset failed

2. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer reset failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  3. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer reset failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  4. Computer rest failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rest failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  5. Computer rest failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rest failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  6. Computer rest failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My computer locked me out?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer locked me out?: I have not touched my computer at all and my password was working yesterday, but today when I enter my password it locks me out. It says my password is incorrect and I have typed it multiple times, checked the caps lock, and made sure it was correct but it still won’t let me...
  8. locked out of factory reset computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of factory reset computer: I did a factory reset on my computer to remove my personal data before giving the laptop away. After the final reboot it asked me for a password for default user. So my account is gone, but there's still a password, even with no account. How do I get in, and how do I...
  9. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  10. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....